Chapter 6

We paid the bill at Kalis coffee and get ready to leave when Elliot suddenly asked:

"What are you two doing tomorrow, because a close mate of mine is having a party and it's going to be.. really awesome. He wouldn't mind if I invited some of my friends too.." he continues.

"It's going to be a bit crowded" he explains "but it would be great if you could join in. And El should come too! Would love to see her!"

He walks to the black Austin Martin parked in front of the coffee shop and unlocks it.

Next thing, Lizzie's phone rings, it's an emergency at work and she needs to run. "I don't know about Lillie, but I would love to join. But I have to run now, emergency at work. Sorry guys, this was fun.. And great to see you Elliot"

She gives me a kiss goodbye. "Chat to you later Lillie." she says and she hugs Elliot goodbye.

"You guys remained so close all these years, that's very nice!" Elliot says.

"Oh but of course, we will always be" I say with a smile.

"Unlike me" he says with a pause, "I haven't been around much, sorry but l would like to make up for that." Unsure of how I want to respond to that, I just gave him a smile.  What does he mean with "Make up for that"?

"You haven't given me an answer for tomorrow yet?" he reminds me

"I.. uhm.. I'm sure we'll be there, thanks" I let out

I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable with him and I'm not sure what to do with my arms as we are just standing here and being awkward so I just fold them across my chest.  I hope he can't see how uncomfortable i am..

"Great! I will send the details to you today" he opens his car door and I get ready to move into my own direction as my car is not parked here.

"Lillie.. he stops me before I walk away.. "You look more beautiful than ever and I'm glad I bumped into you today" That came out so quickly as if he was holding this in for too long. He stares directly into my eyes and his cheeks are slightly pink and his eyes are big.

"You are looking great yourself and it was a nice surprise to see you too" I say softly but I already think of something else to change the conversation into if he wants to add to something else. Perhaps something less awkward.   He walks towards me and hugs me goodbye but his hand reaches down to the lowest part of my back and he pulls me to him tightly. 

"I'll see you soon then" He leans in and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I give him a polite smile and walk away as he drives off.  I can feel my cheeks are slightly warm. I'm blushing.  Oh no!

What was that about? I think to myself... He's such a charmer and it comes so natural for him, but for me that was a little awkward. I don't know how to act around him after all this time..

When I get home I unpack the goodies that I bought from the boutique this morning and I feel glad that I got some clothes. If the weather plays along well I could wear a cocktail dress on Saturday, great opportunity for me to dress up a little. I hang around the house with El and keep myself busy by painting our nails. Suddenly I hear the doorbell.. Who could that be?

I opened the door to a delivery man, on his chest he wears the name Pete.  Delivery is addressed to El and myself.. The guy is standing with two bouquets of flowers in each hand. I accept the one delivery and Pete follows me to the dining room area to put down the other bouquet. One is Lilies and the other is pink roses.

It's easy to guess who they are from as there's only one person that knows what flowers El and I love.. I read the card on mine and it says:

I can't wait to see you at the party..Btw- It's a House Warming!

Elliot

Xoxo

The card also includes the details of where the party would be..

"Look here" I show the address to El. "The party will be at the new neighbor's house"

...

So the extremely attractive new neighbor is good friends with Elliot. Wow, this is going to be very interesting, I thought to myself.  El looks just as surprised as me but also very pleased with her flowers.

I decide to send Elliot a text thanking him for the beautiful flowers. This was a very sweet gesture from him.

 "You know I do it with the greatest pleasure darling" and he blows me a kiss emoji.

Tomorrow El and I will go and do our hair for the party as it's already Friday today. I want to look amazing!

The time flew by quickly today and soon enough we start dinner. We decided to make Poutine tonight. It's French fries with cheese curds on top, then we drown this mix in gravy sauce, very easy to make and very tasty too.

We chat about Elliot over dinner and I tell El about our encounter at Kalis. She seems to be very pleased with Elliot being back and she's already making jokes about us getting together again. I tell her about the kiss on the cheek when she asks

"What do you think the chances are of the two of you getting back together?" Confused at this, I don't really want to respond to this silly question. I start laughing and all I can get out is "I don't know if there's a chance Ma.." With a serious face she just nod and continued to eat. We ate in silence for a bit and I noticed her mouth opened after she finished chewing her food, like she wanted to add something but decide against it and continue eating. We place our plates in the dishwasher then get ready for bed. I say goodnight to El and go up to my room.

I decide to take a quick shower because I'm thinking of running a nice bubble bath tomorrow before the party.

****