Chapter 15

"Do you always talk to yourself?" I hear the familiar voice behind me

"I was just.. just.. thinking out loud" I say as I look at Lucas

"Can I join you?" what are the odds of that happening?

"Sure.. the pool is big enough for the both of us" I say with a shy smile

He sits down with me, taking off his boots and rolls his pants up to put his feet in the water too.

"I thought you were going to bed?" he asks looking at me

"I was, but when I walked past the pool, I couldn't resist. I had to come back just to...uhm...relax" Did I just nearly tell the most gorgeous man in this building that I want to be alone? I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.

"You mean.. to be alone?" How does he understand me so well? I can lie in front of him but he still knows exactly what I sought to say.

"Elliot and I don't get along so well anymore and Nats... well, she changed too" I don't have anything to prove to them.

"I really do understand" he says again

"No Lucas, I don't think you understand anything. Not to sound bitchy but you always say that you understand... tell me what it is that you understand? I don't sometimes understand myself?" I say irritated

He looks into my direction, surprised at the small outburst

"I understand more than you think. That night at my house when El and Hailey were having a fallout, when I returned from walking you home, Hailey were so loud... myself and the remaining guests heard what it was all about..." he says

"What it was all about?!" I repeat surprised

"Well, the fact that she left you when you were young and that El adopted you and she being your legal guardian, the fact that El was a better mother than Hailey would ever be. I can go on..." he says cocky

"I'll repeat myself again Lucas. You don't know anything about me" I feel so irritated by now because it seems everyone knows my past. Luckily not everything but still, this is my past and no one has the right to involve themselves in it. Like a child I jump up to leave as I've had enough of this conversation but Lucas pulls on my arm and say,

"Please don't go. I didn't want to upset you or make you feel like you can't talk to me and make you feel uneasy.

You can't let your past define who you are Lillie and even though I don't know you that well, from what I do know, is that you are an amazing girl. You deserve everything that's good, I have skeletons too and a different past from yours, but that doesn't mean I'm not worthy to have a good life" I sit back down with him again but this talk we're having is not what I want tonight.

Again as if he's reading my mind, he drops the topic and removes his suit jacket and waistcoat and jumps into the water. He tries to pull me in with him but fails, just laughing at him he walks closer to me. My legs are slightly open as I still sit with my feet in the water and he softly pulls them open and stands in between them.

"I like you Lillie. I really do" he says staring into my eyes. I feel my entire body heat up and nervously I stutter to say something in return but his arms slowly move up against my waist and he pulls me into the water with him. In reflex I throw my arms around his neck and a gorgeous smile appears on his face.

"Do you like me Lillie" he asks, putting his hands on my arms holding on to him.

I can't help but smile at him. The Luke-warm water now feels hot against my body, I never realized how shy I can be until now.  

"You are so beautiful Lillie, I love your smile"

Love? Not like, but Love?

I love the way Lucas makes me feel. I wish I could be more expressive as I think of everything but hardly say what I feel or think.

"You're still not answering me Lillie" he says staring into my eyes. I don't know what to say but I stare back into his eyes and without stopping it, my eyes move down to his lips, I want to kiss him so bad so I smile at him suggestively.

He's still looking into my eyes and with a charming smile he moves in for the kiss. 

His lips are soft and warm and my lips are waiting to part like a question

His lips are soft and warm and my lips are waiting to part like a question. I can feel my body a bit shaky from nerves and he slightly opens his mouth against my lips and whispers softly

"Do you want me to kiss you Lillie?"

With my eyes still closed, speechless, I gently nod yes to the question. My heartbeat is picking up and my breathing becomes more difficult, this makes me unable to move. Rooted to the spot.

"Use your words Lillie" he whispered.

"Yes-ss" it came out as a stutter

His insistent mouth slowly parts my lips and he enters a small part of his warm tongue inside my mouth. Wanting more of the kiss, as I do, he runs his hand through my hair, bringing me closer to him. Now kissing me harder and entering his tongue deeper, with so much need, exploring the taste of him, unlike I've ever experienced before.

All I want in this moment is him in this entire dizzy world. He's so close to me I can feel him harden and this makes my head spin out of control. We slowly part lips when the moment became too heated and for a minute we just stared into each other's eyes for approval. I can see him wanting more, that made me whisper back to him.

"Do you want to continue kissing me Lucas?"

"I've wanted to kiss you from the moment I met you" he responds

****