Chapter 14

"How long are you in town for?" I ask Nats as she just can't seem to take her eyes off Lucas.

"Not long unfortunately, I came to see you then I have other friends I'm visiting this side too. So just a couple of days" when she said other friends she smiled and looked at Lucas.

Natalie is a beautiful girl and we were very close friends, but because she lives in another town, we became more distant. Just the way Elliot and I did. She clearly seems interested in Lucas or flirting with him from what I see, but anyway he is single so he can do whatever he pleases. I don't like the way she's looking for his attention, because I'm starting to like him too. Lucky for me I'm not the jealous type, but I will monitor his behavior towards her. If he shows interest back, the type of girl that I am, will then be completely put off from him.

El, Lizzie and Elliot are joining the conversation and we talk about our school days together and the things we enjoyed doing together in the past. I notice Lucas's behavior when Elliot talks about me and him and I can tell that he's not completely comfortable with it. I know he likes me, I just don't know how much yet.

We all agree to celebrate tonight at a nice hotel that Ella booked. Ella paid for the two of us and the rest paid for themselves to be part of the celebration.

"We should do shots again" Lucas says to everyone but sets his eyes on me with a grin on his face. I'm not sure if he intended to be sarcastic because just before we did shots at his house, Elliot tried to kiss me. In his kitchen!

I don't like games and I don't like sarcasm.

"We definitely should" I say with a sarcastic smile and look to Elliot's direction.

We wrap up the conversation soon after and all leave Frazzer to start the celebration. I will not let anyone spoil this for me as I've had enough drama the last couple of days. Ella asked if I will drive with her and Lucas drives with Natalie and Elliot. Other friends like Lizzie could not join us unfortunately.

Ella for the first time used this opportunity to talk to me in private about Hailey. She starts talking about the day she told me everything about my past and she apologized for it but I told her there's nothing to apologize for as she is my mother and Hailey will never be what she is and means to me.

After an emotional talk, we arrive at the Trumpi hotel and El knows exactly what I love. This is a wonderful gift from her as the hotel looks like it's made out of glass and I can't even count the amount of floors it consists of. We won't stay for too long, just tonight but just walking into the building I know this is where I would want stay forever.

It is really classy and stylish. The rooms are incredible, so spacious, European Oak hardwood floors, Italian heated marble bathroom floors, it's like a very fancy up-class house. Just so much bigger. The hotel has a day and nightclub, indoor pool, and a spa and wellness center. Ella also booked a trip to the Art gallery which is around the corner from the hotel. I couldn't ask for anything better than this. Everyone is just as amazed by the hotel as I am. I don't even want to think about how much this must have cost. We will use this amazing opportunity to have the time of our lives! Starting right now!

We went to our rooms to put our bags down and headed down stairs again to get something to eat.

We enjoyed dinner and had some drinks when El eventually called it a night. Together everyone seems to get along very well, I think it's the positive atmosphere that rubs off. We finally took some shots and Lucas tries hard not make it obvious that he looks into my direction every now and again. Nats and Elliot are in deep conversation as they haven't seen each other in some time. Although they are relatives, they also have their own lives so they don't see each other very often. It's nice to see them get along so well, it reminds me of the good old days.

Lucas will raise a topic and we will chit chat about anything that comes to mind but soon enough I decide to go into my own direction as there's so much that can be done in the hotel, I don't really feel like sitting here the entire night. Especially with Elliot looking for attention from me and Nats making stupid flirty jokes with Lucas.

I excuse myself and also call it a night. On my way to my room I walk past the most beautiful clear water pool and there's no one in it. I feel the water is lukewarm and I decide to go and get dress into something lighter. Perhaps I'll just sit by the pool with my feet in the water. I've never had an issue being alone by myself before, it's very beneficial for the soul. I get into a comfy outfit and go down to the pool and just relax my feet into the water.

I think about Lucas and can't help but wonder what they are talking about. She's probably hanging on him by now, just the way I know her. She has never had any problems getting boyfriends, me on the other hand did not get that kind of attention. I've never shown interest until I met Elliot.. That didn't work out well. Now that I finally like someone, she wants all his attention.

Stop it Lillie, I scold to myself out loud. I sound just like a jealous girlfriend right now.

****