Chapter 5

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't see you.." he says as he rubs on my shoulder and his own, that he bumped into.

That voice and that face! Oh god it's the new neighbor.. Well if not then they look very alike.

I shake the thought and quickly say "I'm fine, don't worry about it" with a smile.  I don't want to embarrass myself by asking if he is our new neighbor.

That will teach me not to stare at my phone while I try to exit a building full of people.

"Are you sure your shoulder is fine, because I knocked you hard without seeing you" he continues.

"My shoulder is fine.. and so is my phone" I say with a smile as I check my screen.

"Well then" he says with a gorgeous smile and walks past me to enter the class "Enjoy your day then" he looked back at me still smiling before I lose sight of him.

I'm certain that was the new guy in my street..

I drive to Lizzie's house and she is already waiting outside her gate for me. We drive to the mall but we will go to the boutique first before it gets too crowded. Then we will go for a quick coffee.

On our way to the mall I mention the new neighbor to her. She finds it very amusing that I continue to bump into him, now literally.

We get to the mall and head for the boutique, we walk down the aisles and I grab a couple of items for myself. Lizzie also takes some tank tops and accessories. We pay and walk to Kalis coffee shop. Our regular spot is open and we get seated there. We order some coffee and chat about several things, including our future and the plans we have. Lizzie's plans sound more exciting than mine and she truly loves what she's doing. That's another level of happiness.

I study Art and Lizzie studied to become a fashion designer. She already started a small business of her own and with the help of her parents she is already designing and manufacturing her own line. As for me, I want to open my own studio and display my own work, other artists too.

...

"Hey ladies" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around to look who it is and I look straight into the brown eyes of the one and only Elliot.

"It's been a while, how are you two?" he says as he bends down to hug me then he moves to Lizzie. He looks and smells amazing. He's wearing charcoal denims with a white T-shirt and a black leather jacket with white buttons on it. As handsome as ever.

"Can I join you for breakfast?" he asks with half a smile that almost looks like a pout. He has gorgeous full lips.

They appear to be slightly pink with a sexy dimple on the one side of his cheek. It turns into a full smile when we agree for him to sit. We each order a breakfast and another cup of coffee.

Wow this is completely unexpected. Nervously I fiddle with my hands, every now and again when Elliot speaks, especially when he makes direct eye contact with me.  His eyes can look right through me.

I wonder why he's back in town? Was that why he called this morning? To tell me he's here?

"Soo, what are you too up to lately?" He asks and looks at Lizzie but his eyes follow back to me and lock with mine. Those gorgeous big eyes and luscious lips is all I see. I find myself gazing at his lips for a little too long that I had to blink myself out of the trance.

I tell him about graduation coming up and Lizzie mentions her success with her clothing line.

...

Lillie POV

I have known Elliot for years, we met through his sister Natalie, a close high school friend of mine.

They didn't attend the same high school as Natalie and I went to an all-girl's school.

Elliot and I hit it off, just-about from the second we met. Both were interested and soon enough we got to know each other and fell in love-

until his father passed away and he took over the family business. Elliot lived with his divorced mother here in Canada while his father ran his business from the Unites States. Elliot moved to the States after the death of his father and that's how we started drifting apart. We dated for almost a year but I guess our relationship wasn't strong enough make the long distance thing work. He tried hard to work through the death of his father and I didn't know how to remain supportive when he would shut me out every time I tried to reach out to him.

El was also very fond of Elliot. She hoped, like me, that we would end up together and eventually getting married but time has drifted us apart.

Now he's back.. He mentioned that he came down here for work so hopefully he won't stay for too long.

Elliot's POV

I tried to call Lillie this morning to say I'm in town, but she didn't take my call. I know she loves Kalis's coffee so I passed there and with luck I found her there. It's great seeing Lizzie too.

She looks just as beautiful as the the first day I met her, no, even more beautiful now. She grew into a beautiful woman. I remember the day we met like it was just yesterday. It was a very cold winter day but oh so..fun..it's so good to see her..

٭٭٭٭٭٭