Chapter 18

After dinner I walked with Lucas outside as he just took a stroll down to my house. Dinner went so well, we completely lost track of time.

"El is very fond of you" I say to Lucas as we stand outside.

"She's lovely, I like her too. She made me feel very welcome but... so did you" he says looking deep into my eyes.

"Let's have dinner at my place tomorrow night? I'll make my specialty?" he says eagerly

" I have work stuff to attend to throughout the day, but around six I'll be home so I'll come and get you?"

"That sounds lovely... So I'll see you tomorrow then..." I step forward to give him a hug goodbye and he embraces me back in a long warm hug.

Smiling I walk back into the house and El is standing at the dining table waiting for me.

"Isn't he just lovely?" she says in a low tone voice

"He sure is El...I'm going to take a shower and go to bed okay" I walk to her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight" she said smiling and I had to look back because she just can't seem to get rid of the smile on her face. I smiled back and just shook my head, she doesn't have to say anything because her expression says it all. I walked up the stairs to my room and called it a night.

I received a text from Lizzie saying we have to meet for coffee in the morning. I agree and took a quick shower just before I got in bed.

My dreams will be filled with Lucas tonight!

I woke up early this morning as I want to make some time for a morning run and then I will meet Lizzie. We both have been busy, either running around or busy with something so it would be fun to spend some time with her. I continue getting ready for my morning and run and leave the house. On my way back I called her saying I'm getting dressed and she requested that we meet at Kalis coffee shop again. Our usual hangout

When I arrived at Kalis she is already seated and waiting for me.

"Hi stranger come here, give me a hug" she says excited to see me and hugs me so tight as if she hasn't seen me in years.

"I have so much to tell you.." she starts and she just blabbered on and on about how in love she is and then she broke the big news,

"...And also, not just are we getting married soon but I found out..... I'm pregnant!"

"Wow Lizzie! That's amazing! I am so happy for you" I say excited and pull her in for another hug.

"... thank Lillie.. We are already discussing the venues so we are trying to get married in the next two months. I want you next to me on my wedding day Lillie"

"Oh wow, yeah off course you do...It's very soon but you have the most beautiful glow and I can see you are truly happy..."

"It's very soon, I know. But when you know, you know right? What about you Lillie? How are things on your side, you know with your Mother and everything? We don't talk much lately...Are you coping okay?"

"Yeah...well she kind of disappeared in thin air, didn't hear from her again...Lucas has been around and you know the hotel celebration after graduation he went with?"

"Yeah?" she says with big concerned eyes

"Yes, so we kind of kissed in the pool that night so we are seeing each other now.. And Natalie oh my goodness, I don't even want to see her again! She changed so much..." I go on about everything that happened to me and before I can continue the handsome Jayden walks in.

Lizzie did really well when it comes to him. She had a couple of boyfriends in the past, but they can't be compared to Jayden. He absolutely adores her!

He is just as in love with her as she is with him. He joins us for another cup of coffee and soon they were on their way to do some baby shopping, I pass the invitation to join them as I know nothing about shopping for babies. They leave shortly after and I decide to enjoy my cup of coffee by myself then I will go past the Art gallery, close to the Trumpi hotel, as I haven't had a chance to go there yet. By the time I go home, I will get ready for dinner with Lucas which I'm very excited about.

The Art gallery is more beautiful than what I originally imagined. The place is massive and I received a great tour from the professional staff working there. This is exactly what I want for myself one day, perhaps include my own paintings in-between other artists collections. I showed pictures of my work to them and they were polite by complimenting them. They took my details down and I left the gallery and drove back home.

With great excitement I told El about the place and she thinks my idea having a place like that and mixing my art with theirs is a lovely idea. However if I build my gallery from scratch, that's fine too. It was a great exercise to do just to see how they do things. Next thing on my list would be looking for a building to start my own empire.

I've been saving all my life, but affording a place like that would be impossible, I think to myself. I will have to start from the bottom and work my way up.

While there's still plenty of time before Lucas is home, I decide to search for some places on the internet to help the process along. A few building are empty which I'm interested in buying, but as I have no experience in choosing one, I will need some help with this.

I write down on a piece of paper where some spacious and not too expensive buildings are situated and the contact details thereof. I will make some calls and arrange to view them from tomorrow and take it from there. I have a great idea of what I want, so I will go out there and get it!

****