Chapter 4

I haven't seen Elliot in two years but we chat every now and again to find out how things are and how the family is doing.

Memories of the two of us suddenly flash through my mind.

I loved him, but it seems so long ago. We remained in contact for years so I guess I'm stuck with him as a friend now.

My eyes gaze to my phone..

I pull the straighter through my hair to finish my look, should I call him back?.. Perhaps I should just send him a text saying sorry I missed the call..Or perhaps not.

I decide against it and continue with my hair. I'll text him later. I haven't heard from him in some time but we're not that close anymore so it won't be strange between us now.

I open my over sized make-up bag and even though I've never been very big on make-up, I still have plenty of it, never the less. I am a lady!

El tells me that less is more and nothing comes close to natural beauty. She loves my natural look so I put on very little when I do decide to do my make-up. Lipstick is my favorite accessory-some days, this is all I wear.

I step into my black skinny jeans and white tank top with my favorite black bomber jacket. I wear short boots and I take a quick look in the mirror before I leave the bedroom. Satisfied I go downstairs.

El and Vandeline are both standing in the kitchen eating muffins and chatting.

"I poured a warm cup of coffee for you darling" El says as I reach for the cup.

She knows me too well, I take a couple of sips from my cup and grab a muffin on the go.

"I'll see guys later." I greet and blow a kiss to their direction before I close the front door behind me.

When I get in the car, I dial Lizzie's number

"Hey Lillie!" she is always so excited when I call her,

"Hey, can we meet for a quick breakfast this morning after class?" I ask

"Yes of course! Damn I can't wait for you to finish your studies now! Your graduation is coming up soon.. Celebration time!" she reminds me in a high pitched excited voice.

As if I'm not counting the days. I can't wait for my future to begin!

"We will!" I confirm

"See you in a bit" she responds and we hung up.

We spend a lot of time together and we are very close friends, Lizzie also lived her whole life in Canada. We met at Varsity, although I wish we met sooner and knew each other longer. We're almost like sisters. I never had a sister or siblings but I'm sure the friendship that we have is very similar to that.

I drive the same direction that I do every day. This road becomes boring when you drive it every day, but I've tried different routes and our back roads take longer so I stick with what i know best.

I drive pass the newly bought house and again I spot the new neighbor.

He's standing outside shirtless, just with shorts on in this cold weather and what seems to be a beer or a bottle of something, in his hand. I try not to make eye contact more than twice but he appears to just stand and stare at me with a smirk on his face -Taking a sip from whatever it is that he is drinking.

Just as I get to the corner of my street block, my eye catches a glimpse of what seems to be a wave from the stranger and vaguely wave back.

Lizzie's house is very close to mine and we confirmed last week that we would grab a breakfast together. Also a new boutique opened up close to us so I want to pop in there too today.

About ten minutes later I arrive at Frazzer University. This will only take about an hour then I can leave. Graduation is in one week away and I'm very excited about it but class is very boring and I regret the fact that I'm here today. I think I wasted my own time! Bored out of my mind I managed to sit the hour through and soon enough we get ready to leave.

I stand up and walk to the big double door to exit the room and my eyes looks straight into an almost familiar face making his way inside.. I check the time on my phone and know that Lizzie is already waiting for me so I move out the door quickly.

Suddenly I feel someone bump into my shoulder, this makes my bag slip off my arm.  As I reach down to grab it, my phone drops from the other hand. Immediately I groan at the sight of my phone on the floor and again i bend down to the ground to pick it up. The guy who walked into me is standing in front of me waiting to make contact.

I slowly move my eyes to his black Canvas and skinny black jeans with the matching shirt before my eyes make contact with his.

****