Chapter 24

As much as a hospital tries to make you comfortable, nothing is better than being in your own bed. You only realize this when you've been here for a couple of days. My body aches from being in bed most of the time and I'm already feeling so much better, I really want to go home now.

My hospital room is filled with flowers and Get Well cards. Everyone has been so great visiting and supporting me in this healing process, this was a very close encounter with death. I am one of the lucky ones!

"Miss. Gagnon, you are officially discharged But you will need plenty of rest. Is there someone who would be able to stay with you throughout the day just to ensure that you get the needed rest?

Reason I'm asking is because I want you in bed for about a week. If you are still in pain, I want you to come back please. The aches and pains that you currently feel in your body, is from the impact of the crash. No internal damage was caused, but your body is going through a lot of trauma. Enough rest will make you feel brand new again. And I will subscribe something to you that will also help"

"Thank you doctor" we say as he leaves the room.

"I'll be fine...I will call if there's anything Ma..." I start but neither El nor Lucas was going to let this go.

"She can stay with me for a week?" Lucas offers.

"I can work from home, it's no inconvenience for me at all. And I have a room for Lillie, it's settled" He says with his charming smile.

"That's really nice of you Lucas, but.." I say but El interrupts me.

"It's settled then. We can go past our house and gather all the necessary things. I will come and check in on you on a daily basis darling" El confirms

Two against one, I guess it's settled then. It's not like I don't want to stay with Lucas, I just don't want to feel like a burden on his shoulders.

"Ready to go?" Lucas asks

"I can't wait to get out of here" I confirm with an appreciative smile

...

Lucas prepared the room opposite his for me because it has the most comfortable bed in his house, or so he says. I think his bed is also very comfortable.

He's so great, looking after me, even when he has to work from home now. When I lay on the bed in the spare room, his bed faces directly on mine from the room across. While I'm reading a book, he sits on his bed with the laptop and work. His company is great even if he's working. Every now and again he makes flirty eyes to my direction and blows kisses to me.

"Are you hungry baby? I can make something to eat if you are?" he asks from across the room

"No, not really thanks" I respond

"You're not even hungry for...this?!" he says jokingly while standing up and showing me his abs to me.

I just laughed it off but instead of continuing to work, he walked over to me and sat on the bed with me.

"Tell me baby, on a serious note. Where were you before the car accident? You were still trying to tell me in the hospital?"

"Oh yeah, Hailey send a text to me, but at first I did not know it was her. She asked that I meet her at a pub close by..." I start telling him

"That's risky..." he comments

"Yeah, but I didn't make much of it until I got there. She was so drunk then she asked me to go to the ladies with her and I did, but to my big surprise she started using drugs right there on the bathroom counter and offered some to me. I was so upset and got out of there as quickly as possible...then..."

"Oh no no no no... this is very bad..." he says rubbing his head

"What, what is it Lucas?"

"There's something I have to tell you too Lillie but I don't want this to come between what we have at the moment. I feel that we have something very good going on and I want you to know everything about me as much as I know you"

"Oookay..." I say in a confused tone

"The situation involves your personal life therefore I have to tell you the truth..."

Lucas is making me extremely nervous now. Why is he suddenly so serious and how personal about my life?

" ...I work on the side-line for a secret Government organization that busts drug mewls across the country..." he lets out. As the words leave his mouth I can see how relieved he is by letting it flow out so quickly.

"You do what?!" I asked shocked

"Just hear me out..." he continues

"Elliot and Hailey are both involved in this. I'm telling you this because you have the right to know what's going on. Hailey got mixed up with the wrong people and started owing them money, drug money. The drugs were Elliot's and he made a deal with Hailey to work for him, in this way her debt will be paid up..." he goes on

"I can't believe what you are telling me now!" I say shocked and completely caught off guard.

"There's more..." he says

"More??!! I don't think I can handle more!" I say upset.

"This is a first for me too, believe me. This is not something I can announce to just anyone Lillie. This is highly confidential information!

"It's been eating me for a while now but couldn't find the right moment to come clean with you. I've never been more interested in another woman before like I am in you."

In shock I stare at him, not even blinking an eye.

"I never dated anyone before so any form of relationship never went anywhere, I supposed in friendship only... When I heard you were in a car accident...I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. And this thing with Hailey and Elliot needs to come to an end now"

He holds my face in his warm hands and places a kiss on my lips.

"I'm telling you this because...I love you Lillie"

I can feel my eyes tearing up and he wraps is strong warm arms around me and consoles me in a loving embrace.

****