Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up with a pounding in my head. I cried myself to sleep last night.

As I get out of bed my body feels completely drained, in the hopes of wanting to feel better I get undressed out of my underwear and quickly jump into the shower. Just before I got in bed last night I just removed my dress and slept in my underwear as it was an exceptionally warm night.

To clear my head a little I decide to go for a morning jog before breakfast. Sundays are such lazy days and next week I have my graduation coming up then the hard work starts.

The excitement of it has not set in, especially after the drama last night. The situation is making me a bit negative of all my dreams and hopes that I've aligned in my head. Suddenly the current events are completely taking over my emotional state. I have so many questions that I don't really want the answers to, how am I supposed to deal with this? I know in my heart this is just the tip of the ice berg and so much can still happen. How did all of this transpire so suddenly?

Lost in thought I finish my shower and get dressed, total silence echoes in the house. Did El come home last night? I fell asleep not too long after arrival so I did not hear her coming in.

I walk down the hall to her bedroom and see she's still sleeping. She seems so peaceful, she doesn't usually sleep in this late so I walked over to her and place a kiss on her forehead before I head out.

...

Ella's POV

Oh my god why is this happening?! How did Hailey find us? Could Elliot perhaps have something to do with this?

I saw the two of them chatting like they've known each other for years. How do they know each other?

So many questions and the only way I can get the answers will be by working through the past. I've been avoiding this situation for as long as I can remember. There's a good reason why I've been protecting Lillie from this all her life but suddenly Hailey thinks she can just pop out of nowhere and demand to speak to her daughter? Who the hell does she think she is!!

The daughter she tried to kill before even giving birth to her!! The daughter she abandoned and rejected like she meant nothing to her?! I will not let this happen!! I will not allow her to destroy what I've been building up, raising and grooming my entire life!!

...

My early morning workout was great. I feel less stressed and decided that I will tackle this situation with a clear and positive head. I saw Lucas again this morning as I passed by his house but I did not stop to chat.

Perhaps I should make some breakfast today then El and I can sit and talk. We have to talk! I can't go another night not talking to her about the situation we have. We can analyze the situation then we tackle this thing hands on.

By the time I reach our front door I feel nervous. Situations like these can consume a person's thoughts. It feeds off you like a parasite and the sooner we deal with it, the better. We have to talk about this today or else I'll drive myself insane! Quietly I enter the house and go straight to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decide to go for one of El's favorite Homestyle breakfast which consists of eggs, meat and pancakes with syrup.

Not too long after I finish she walks into the kitchen. Still dressed in her pajamas, looking extremely tired and her eyes are swollen. Did she sleep at all?

"Good morning Ma" I say with a smile. With a surprised look she greets me back.

"Please sit.. I made your favorite.." I say again with a smile

"Lillie... I..." I can see she doesn't know where to begin and she was probably up all night trying to figure out what to do and what to say but for now it can wait.

"Please Ma.. let's eat something first before we talk about last night.." she gave me a smile and a nod in agreement.

The breakfast came out delicious and I can see that El is enjoying it too. She was so hungry she finished her plate before me.

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask her as I stood up to get some orange juice. With a mouth full of food she mumbles "That will be great, thanks" and I pour each of us a glass. Finally we are done eating and as I'm about to start this stressful conversation my phone starts ringing..

"I'll be right back" I say to El as I leave the kitchen. It's Lucas..

"Hey Lillie, how's it going today? We didn't talk when you passed my house earlier so I thought... well I just wanted to check on you.."

"I'm okay thank you Lucas..."

"Okay.. well.. I'll see you around then.."

"Thanks for the call Lucas.. chat soon"

****