Chapter 16

After an intense make out session with Lucas, we headed back to our hotel rooms. His room is just across ours and the thought of him, alone in there, drives me crazy. What has he done to me? With just his kiss, he has me love locked. I can't remember that I've felt this way with Elliot before. There's something different about Lucas, something that completes me. Something so mesmerizing that I can't shake off.

The next morning El and I met Elliot and Nats in the corridor on our way to reception to check out. We didn't make the trip to the Art gallery, but there will be a next time.

"Had fun with Lucas last night?" Natalie asks sarcastically

"What?!" I respond in surprise

"What are you deaf? Did you think that no one would see you in a hotel swimming pool?" she says enviously

"What's your problem Nats? Mind your own damn business!" I snap back

El and Elliot just looked at us and El gave me the eye as if we had sex in the hotel swimming pool. It was just a damn kiss! Good to know because I suspected Natalie already before any of this. She's totally in love with Lucas. I think to myself. I just returned her bitchy look and can't wait to get away from her and Elliot.

Finally Lucas joins us at the reception area, he walks up to me and whispers in my direction "When we get home, I'm taking you on a date" and he left me with a gorgeous smile

I returned the smile when Natalie looked into our direction and rushed Elliot to get into the car. I have no idea what her problem is, but I don't like this side of Natalie that I've come to learn today. We place our baggage in the trunk and greeted everyone goodbye and drove home.

"What was the reason again that you invited Elliot and Natalie on this special occasion?" I ask El as we drove off and Natalie is standing there with the most disgusted look on her face, staring into my direction

"I wanted your friends to share this special time with you darling" El responds and adds

"What is it with you having sex in the hotel swimming pool?" she asks inquisitively

"Oh my god, are you trying to piss me off just like Natalie now ma? No disrespect but you taught me how to be a lady, how dare you assume that's something I would do?" I ask disappointed and disgusted by her forwardness

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean that...Natalie came to me last night and told me that..." she goes on but I interrupt her as I can feel my face heating up out of anger

"We kissed in the pool and it wasn't planned okay, it just happened. And I like Lucas, a lot"

Silence filled the car and she just gave me and apologetic smile.

"I'm really sorry, just the way Natalie said it, she was so certain... I shouldn't have asked that because I know who you are and you won't just..." she goes on but I interrupt her again

"I'm an adult ma and I have values okay. Natalie came to you, probably came looking for Lucas and saw us kissing in the pool and this made her so jealous she couldn't help but spread lies and came to you with it. She and Elliot are just the same...I don't know why I'm still friends with them"

She looked into my direction but didn't say anything

"Lucas wants to take me on a date" I say breaking the silence in the car

"Really?! That's great honey, all I want is for you to be happy..."

"I want you to be happy too ma" I look into her direction and I can see that this is also something that she wants again.

Everyone deserves to be loved. She loved my dad but not just did she have to give his love up because it was the right thing to do, she also lost him entirely the day he passed away.

"We should visit him and you should show me pictures of him" I say staring in front of me

"We should..." she confirms knowing who I'm referring to.

...

The drive home felt longer than it should have when you are in deep thought. El was silent the rest of the ride home too but with everything going on, I had time to think and with Lucas and our kissing moment in the pool, I finally feel inspired to paint again. First thing I did when we got home was go change into something comfy and go straight for my studio room. All these mixed emotions about my past and the horrible friends I realize I have and Lucas... Inspiration should come naturally now!

I open all the windows in the room and dust has taken over this studio. I can't remember the last time I painted anything. I don't allow anyone, including Vandeline, to enter this apartment. This is my safe zone and even El does not come in here. This is where I express myself and the door is always locked for any unwanted guests. The key is kept by me as this is the only apartment, except my bedroom, that's mine.

I clean the dust off the windows and take all the sheets off the already completed portraits. They are beautiful, everything about this room expresses me. I feel positively inspired as I take a moment and look at my work. Eccentric is what I'm all about.

This is what truly makes me happy! And this is what I should do with my life! I realize this more than ever before.

Eagerly inspired I put my earphones in to listen to music and start painting. I start with a blue watery acrylic background and include oil after. Most artists only choose one option to paint but I like to mix mine up a little. The results when the painting is done are breathtaking.

Ella enters the room but I don't see her as I'm in my own bubble. Only when she touched my shoulder I turned around. I remove my earphones and she brought wo glasses of wine with her.

"I never see you when you paint so I thought it would be nice if I can have a glass of wine with you while you paint" she says handing a glass to me

"Oh thanks, sure... I'm making progress with this one already..." I say looking at the newly painted, almost finished painting

"How long was I busy for?" I ask wondering what the time is

"It's past three already. You've been busy for about four hours" wow it didn't feel that long at all

"I like what you're doing with this painting, very unique" she says to me

"That's what I was hoping for- something close to the heart and unique" I say giving her a smile

I join her on a couch in the room and we drink the the glass of wine together.

"Oh, before I forget, your phone was going crazy in your handbag so I brought it with me" she says handing my phone to me. I unlock my screen and see Lucas and Lizzie was trying to call me. I send them both a text saying sorry I missed their calls and will chat to them later.

I want to stay focused here, while feeling so motivated. Soon after the glass of wine and small talk with El, she said she'll start dinner soon so she will call me when then food is ready, but for now she will let me do my thing. As she leaves the room I hear the doorbell ring, but I ignore and place my earphones back in my ears and continue painting.

****