Chapter 15 - Baby Elle

(A picture of Laura and Elle)

Avalana Hamilton

Once Apollo and I arrived back in Los Angeles, we went into the hospital right away. The sky is still dark and there aren't so many transportation on the street because it's 4am in the morning. We rescheduled our flight so we can be back home earlier, we just want to be there for Gabriel and Laura.

Laura texted me that Elle needs to be hospitalized due to her condition, she has to get fluid through an Iv in her veins. I'm glad that Gabriel brought her to the hospital right away, and I'm hoping that she's going to feel better very soon.

We got into her room which is on the VIP room, once we got there the stuff seems recognize us. Some of them stand up to welcome us while both of Apollo and I are rushing through the hall. Both of us are rushing into Elle's room, we know that Elle is under doctor's care but anyway we're just worried about her, she's only one year old.

We open up the door then I see Laura is sitting on a chair right next to the hospital bed, her head pops up once she heard the crack on the door. My eyes land on Elle who's sleeping on the hospital bed with her hand stuck with an Iv, poor little girl.

"Hey," I said.

"Where's Gabe?" I asked her.

"He went home to pick some stuff," Laura said before hugging me.

"We went straight here," I said while hugging her.

"Thank you so much," she said.

"Apollo," Laura said after she hugged me.

"Hey," Apollo said then gives her a hug.

"Thank you for the service," Laura said.

"Anytime," he said.

"Laura do you need anything like hot tea?" I asked her cause she looks pale.

"I need fresh air and maybe a hot tea," she said.

"I'll make us a drink," I said before got into the mini pantry at the corner of the room.

"You guys go get some fresh air, I'll be here with Elle," he said.

Laura and I got out from the room to get an air.

"Here," I gave Laura the tea.

"Thank you," she said.

I look at her who looks so tired, I can see a dark circle under her eyes complete with a puffy eyes. She's wearing a warm chocolate sweater while her hair is falling straight covering her neck.

"You okay?" I asked her.

She sipped on the tea then slowly nodded,

"Thankfully we took her right away here," she said.

"I had a feeling it wasn't just a fever," she said.

"Now I have to go on a diet for her breastfeed," she said.

I'm looking at her and noticed, that she doesn't say that she's 'tired'.  It's every parent's job when their children got sick. They don't have much time to sleep cause they have to stay up late to watch their children if they're doing.

Well, am I ready for it? being a doctor make me have to stay awake all the night for my patients, especially when I was working at the ER. But being a mom it's a lot of different story, maybe god knows that I'm not ready for it yet.

After she ate some biscuits and finished her tea, we decided to go back to Elle's room. Gabriel also just called Laura that he's on the way to the hospital. We were about to get in until Laura stopped right in front of the door then look trough the window on it.