seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN,
snapped

   TIME PASSED AND yet thoughts were prolonged, leaving Samantha stuck in her head while waiting for Rick

TIME PASSED AND yet thoughts were prolonged, leaving Samantha stuck in her head while waiting for Rick. Seeing the clear despair on Daryl's face made her want to help, but knowing her brother and knowing what had happen the last time she went on a trip to Atlanta, the chances of her going were slim.

Samantha absolutely hated Shane's overprotectiveness, because it was layered with controlling attitude and she knew he had his reasons, but she was an adult - she was no longer that teenager that was consumed by toxicity.

"Would you throw me a bone here, man?"

The voices of her brother and Rick reached her ears. She turned from her spot near the RV, seeing Shane desperately trying to pull Rick back from his decision. But he was already in too deep with his choice that he was too far gone from having his mind changed.

"Could you tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douchebag like Merle Dixon?"

With sharp eyes, Daryl lifted his head and looked at the two cops. "Hey, choose your words more carefully." His warning was calm, like a before the storm.

Shane didn't take heed to it. "No, I did. Douchebag's what I meant." Her brother was quick to return.

"Shane." His baby sighed, rubbing her head.

"Don't even start, Samantha," Her full name made her go quiet before he continued to Rick. "Merle Dixon - this guy wouldn't even give you a drink of water if you were dying of thirst."

"What he would do or wouldn't do doesn't interest me," Rick stated firmly, his compassion for human life evident. "I can't let a man die of thirst. We left him like an animal caught in a trap. That's no way for anything anything to die - let alone a human being."

"So you and Daryl, that's your big plan?" Lori asked skeptically.

At this, Rick turned on his feet and found Glenn's face, who was absentmindedly standing a few feet away from the men. When he caught Rick's eye, realization took over and he let out a whine. "Oh, come on!"

"You know the way, you've been there before - in and out, no problem, you said so yourself. Its not fair of me to ask that, I know that, but I'd feel a lot better with you along."

"Now that's just great," Shane huffed. "You're risking three men?"

"Four." T-Dog announced, stepping forward.