twenty.

CHAPTER TWENTY,
why?

   THE SIGHT OF Daryl's body dropping after that gunshot made Samantha's heart plummet

Her bitterness against any religion was being replaced by a frantic desperation that cried from inside of her. She prayed to any God that was listening to her, hurrying towards his limp body and asking for a single miracle in her twenty years of life - please don't be dead, please don't let him be dead.

Her fingers were coated in blood, and pulling them away from the side of his head, relief flooded throughout her being and brought a smile to her lips.

"He was only grazed." She rejoiced, her voice causing his mossy blue eyes to flutter open and stare directly into her greens.

He was pulled from her grasp as Shane and Rick helped him to his feet, the hunter falling in and out of consciousness.

"I was only kiddin'." His southern voice was barely audible, but she had heard it and it caused a small laugh to escape her lips - but any other future laughter ceased at the sound of rushed footsteps, the sight of Andrea and Dale hurrying towards them making a cold realization strike through the young woman, but the coldness melted as a burning rage coursed throughout her whole body.

Andrea shot Daryl - he could've died because of her.

Samantha stormed past her brother and Rick, her blood pumping through her veins and muffling out the confused calls of the men behind her - she could only focus on the setting anger, and the stupid blond. She was crying, but the Samantha was going to give her another reason to cry.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Andrea sobbed profusely. "Is he dead?"

Samantha stomped towards her, and before she knew it - a familiar pain blazed up her arm but the satisfaction of watching Andrea fall to the ground was enough to ignore it. "No thanks to you, you dumb bitch!" She bellowed. "Why won't you fucking listen?!"

"Sammy!" Both Rick and Shane chorused, the thunderous woman launching her fist to throw another punch but T-Dog was faster, snaking an arm around her waist and lifting her from the ground and away from Andrea. "Calm down!" T-Dog yelled over her shouts as she struggled against his tight hold.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Samantha continued, trying to claw out of T-Dog's grip. "We had this! You could've attracted walkers from miles-"

"Samantha, enough!" Rick boomed. "Kill her later. Right now Daryl needs care."

The young woman glared at the bleeding blonde before obliging the leader's order. T-Dog hesitantly let go of Samantha. "You good?" He questioned yet she barely nodded. The heat was still in her veins, the flame in her still alive, and she wanted nothing but to go off on Andrea - but Daryl was more important.