nineteen.

CHAPTER NINETEEN,
secrets

   SAMANTHA WALSH COULDN'T sleep last night, her thoughts being all over the place

She kept repeating what had happened, the events rewinding as if she were watching a movie and she missed a part - but she hadn't, Samantha remembered everything. She hated it, she hated how she remembered details. It was like a nightmare but it was while awake.

Maybe she was asleep, maybe this was all a horrid dream that she was stuck in.

But even as she pinched herself and a wince left her lips, she kept wishing it was.

"I don't know what to do." Lori crooned over and over again, the test shaking in her hands.

Samantha removed her eyes from the sight of the pink plus size with a frown. "You need to tell them."

Lori gazed up at her with many tears painting her cheeks. "W-who?"

Samantha gave her a knowing gaze. "You know who."

Lori abruptly stopped shaking, shock pairing with shame and intertwining in the teary browns of her eyes. Samantha thought she would've been more angrier, because when she had at first put the pieces together she was absolutely livid. But now, she was just disappointed, sad, and maybe even a little afraid. She was afraid because it had to come to this, the worse mistake finally having an outcome - the price of a sin.

Lori let out a shaky sobs, fresh tears streaming down her already wet cheeks. "I made a big mistake, Sammy. I didn't want this to happen, I love Rick with everything I have, but I was so alone. Shane told me he was dead and then..." She never finished, staring into nothingness as she sat on the grass. Samantha knew that look. She was reliving everything she had done.

Been there, done that.

Samatha sat on the grass near her, the frown deepening. She wanted to be angry at her, express how disgusted and disappointed she was but she couldn't. Lori's mistakes was tortuous enough for her as it is, she wasn't going to be a bitch and push it. Plus, being pregnant in a world like this - Samantha couldn't imagine.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," Samantha sympathized genuinely. "But right now, the thing you need to worry about is who the father is-"

"It's Rick."

Samantha remembered that the way Lori had said it was so cold and determined, but she was smart enough to know it was just a front. Behind that front there uncertainty and desperation. The mother knew that she had been sleeping with Samantha's brother long before Rick came back, but she couldn't accept the logic. She wanted it to be Rick's, and the twenty year old could understand why.