thirty six.

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX,
woodbury

   HER MIND WAS slipping in and out of consciousness, her head throbbing and her body aching

HER MIND WAS slipping in and out of consciousness, her head throbbing and her body aching. There was a cloth covering her eyes, and trying to move she figured out she was bound by ropes.

There's gotta be a compliment somewhere in there.

"I see a bad moon a-rising..."

Samantha's breath caught in her throat, her body going completely still.

"I see trouble on the way,"

Samantha realized it was the older Dixon, and he was right next to her being an old fool and singing an old rock song.

"I see earthquakes and lightnin',"

As if he knew she was awake, Samantha felt him lean in closer to her until his breath was on the side of her face.

"I see bad times today,"

That was the last thing she heard before she lost consciousness again.

When Samantha came to, she was in a room. The sight made her bolt up, eyes darting everywhere to find anything familiar. She saw Nathan was on the other side of the room, sitting down as a woman dressed as a nurse treated him. Her throat was dry, lips were chapped, and her head was pounding. "What...where are we?"

The sound of her voice made his eyes snap up. In an instant and despite the nurse's dismay, he rushed to his best friend's side.

"How are you feelin', princess?" He asked.

The sincerity in his voice made her feel nothing but utter guilt. Samantha felt like she didn't deserve his concern, she felt like she didn't deserve him at all.

Samantha moaned and grabbed her head. Fingers grazed over stitches and she immediately looked at the nurse. "You did this?" She asked

"It's my job." She made her way towards the young woman and pulled out a small flashlight, shining it into her eyes. she hissed and recoiled from the light.

"At least ask me to dinner first," Samantha joked weakly, rubbing her face. "What's the diagnosis, doc?"

"Mild concussion, but you wouldn't be the first sent here by the same person for the same reason," The nurse spoke with annoyance. "Keri has never been known for sweetness."