Chapter 1

*PLEASE READ STORY DESCRIPTION QUICKLY BEFORE READING*

I walked down the pathway towards my best friend, Freddy Freeman's, house. His foster siblings Darla and Eugene were sitting on the front porch, waiting for the other three to come out. "Hey, friends," I say to them, walking up quickly. They go to say something but I cut them off.

"Where're your other siblings, specifically Freddy, huh?"

Eugene laughs and says "He's still grabbing something he wants to show you."

I sigh and run into the house. I push past Pedro and he growls at me. "Fuck off," I say while running up his stairwell. Mary giggles at my words and I walk past her. I grab the doorknob to Freddy's door and push it.

"WAIT! NO! NO! NO!" I hear from the other side of the quickly opening door. Too late to turn back from my actions, I look up to see Freddy in just his superman boxers, hands on the waistbands of his jeans flying backwards from the pants wrapped around his ankles. It all happened in slow motion to me as he hit his head off the bed frame and instead of leaving from awkwardness I ran over to help him.

"Holy shit! Freddy are you okay?" I ask, pulling his head up carefully. Instead of telling me if he was okay he did the complete opposite.

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING ROOM! GET OUT! GET OUT, YOU GOD DAMN WEIRDO!" I do as I was told to, running out quickly and laughing.

Mary looks at me as she comes up the stairs and asks "What did you do?"

I shake my head quickly. "I didn't do shit! It was ALL him!" I yell. She tells me to watch my mouth before running into her room. I stand in the hallway waiting for Freddy. He walks out, shame all over his face, walking stick in hand. "Hey Freddy bear," I say with a HUGE smile spread across my face.

"Shut up," he states, walking down the stairs. I smile and go down after him. We get outside and Darla quickly grabs my hand and I grab hers. Darla was Freddy's little sister but I treated her as if she was mine.

After 15 minutes we got to school, Darla had a huge smile on her face when we arrived at school. She turns to me and hugs me before saying, "Bye, Y/n." I smile and gift her my own goodbyes.

I pull at Freddy's arm as he starts walking away from me. "Am I still alright to come over tonight for dinner, Fred?" He nods his head.

"For sure, just come a little later. My parents are planning on bringing a new kid home," he says.
"So if they do-"

"If they do and he's cute. I want him," I say jokingly.

"Okay, NO! If he's cute you can be friends with him and compliment him all the time, you can't date my brother," he says.

I push through a small crowd behind my friend. "Okay! Okay! But what if he's like SO hot you can't just accept him as a friend?"

He looks at me and says "You still can't date him." I groan and follow him to his locker.

I lean against the locker next to his and say "Alright, so your new brother. If he's hot, I'm dating him. If he's hot but a complete dick head, I'm hating him. If he's ugly but nice, I'll befriend him. If he's ugly but-"

"You CAN NOT have my brother under any circumstances," he says grabbing his superman wallet. He hands me a dollar and says "go buy me an apple juice from the vending machine."

"I want an apple juice," I whine to him. He looks at me.

"Go get me my drink, loser," he says. I do as I was told to, groaning on my way over. I push in the dollar coin and push the little orange button. The drink rolls out the bottom and I grab it, turning to find him gone but a small Aquaman sticky note on the locker. I read it.

It's all yours, I was just trying to get rid of you.

Sincerely; Freddy Freeman

I groan and throw the stick note on the ground to notice something on the back. I lean down and read it.

PS! You still can't have my brother!

I kick the locker and walk towards my first-period class.

I walk into the lunch room, I have the same lunch period as Freddy so I run to the table where he was sat alone. "Freddy!" I yell. He smiles at me and I move his walking stick, sitting next to him quickly. "Okay! So! You either get to teleport instantly whenever and wherever you choose OR you get to stop time as many times as you want, what do you do?" I ask.

He groans and says "Are you still trying to get with me superhero loving program?"

"Yes! You're my best friend and I don't want to lose my best friend because of some bullshit about me not understanding your love for superheroes. Now answer the question," I say with a smile on my face.

"Fine! Um... First of all, good question, I'm proud of you," I smile and playfully shrug as if it was nothing. "Secondly... I clearly choose to stop time!"

"Really?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"Yes! Because if I stop time I can still walk around, so during tests, I can stop time and look at other peoples answers." I nod my head in understanding.

"Genius," I say.

"Right?!" He laughs. I smile and he says "So! My mom called and said she is FOR SURE bringing a boy home, his name is Billy and apparently he's a "good kid" as she put it. They just have to sign a bunch of bullshit."

"I'll be there around 7:30," I say. He nods his head in agreement.

"It's Thursday too, your family life is... Pretty shit so you can stay the night, my mom already clarified with your mom, your mom was SUPER supportive about it... Your dad wasn't..." he says, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly. I smile and give him a thumbs up.

After school I walk out with Pedro and Darla, Darla grabs my hand and asks "Can we go to get Ice Cream Y/n?"

I shrug and say "You gotta ask Mary, I have NO say in what you do."

She frowns as Mary comes out. Freddy comes out almost tripping on his walking stick and I catch him. "You alright buddy?" I ask. He nods his head and thanks me for the catch.

I told him he was welcome and headed towards my own my humble abode. I was being called by Freddy as I walked away but too much fear waved over my body about getting home and I didn't process it.

Around 6:50 I was sitting in my room, packing up my stuff, prepared to leave my house, when my dad walked in and asked: "Why didn't you do what I told you to?"

"Because I don't need to," I say. "They're your bills, not mine." He chuckles and takes his belt off. He folds it and tosses it on the ground. I start getting scared, I reach for my phone quickly shoving it in my bag and grabbing the lamp from my nightstand, hitting my father across the face with it, a scream erupting from his lungs. I ran out of the house with tears burning my eyes and grabbed a twenty dollar bill with a ten dollar bill off of the phone table on my way out.

"You little BITCH!" I hear him yell as I slam the door shut, running down the sidewalk towards the gas station. I climb over a fence and run around the building to the entrance. It had begun to get dark, it was now 7:30 and I hadn't noticed how long I'd been running till now.

I go through the aisles and start grabbing things. I run over to the chick at the counter and ask, "Do you have a tray you'd use for coffee's?" She points at the coffee and tea spot causing me to walk over. I grab one of the trays and grab three XL cups for the Slurpee section. I fill my own with half orange and half banana Slurpee. I get just Powerade Ice flavour for Freddy. I then think of what kind of Slurpee this so-called "Billy" would like.

I push the two already made Slurpee's into the tray and look around, noticing the station is still empty. I call Freddy. "Hey, Y/n!" He says when he answers the phone.

"Hey," I say. He chuckles then asks me what I needed. "It's more what I think someone else will need, what kind of Slurpee do you think Billy would like?"

"Vanilla Coke! Definitely. Can you grab Darla a cream soda one? Please?" He asks.

I sigh and look around a bit, nervously. "Sure," I say.

"Thanks! I think Billy is here, gotta go. ALSO! Pick up some Party Mix!" A beeping noise rings through and I groan. I fill up the Vanilla Coke and Cream Soda Slurpees for Darla and Billy, pushing them in the tray after. I carry the tray with me while looking for party mix and nacho Doritos. After a minute or two, I find them and grab a 6 pack of mini Coke's.

I run up to the lady at the counter and pay for all of it. I was left with five dollars and fifty-five cents. I leave the store, my backpack holding our Coke and chips while the tray with the Slurpees is held up in my hand.

I walk down the dark 8:00 pm street, fear written all over my face. It was a sketchy place. I see a small woman, curled into a ball on the side of the sidewalk, she had a big dog next to her and I noticed she was homeless. I take the rest of my money - I definitely don't want my dad having it - and put it in her hand.

She thanks me and I tell her it was no problem before heading deeper into the city.

After a few minutes of walking, I arrive at Freddy's house and hear the fire alarm going off. "Well, shit," I say. I walk up the driveway, giggles erupting from my body.

I open the door and look at the kitchen seeing the smoke EVERYWHERE. I giggle and I look in front of me as I take off my shoes, a cute boy was standing there. Check one.

He looks at me and looks a little annoyed, "are you another foster kid that lives here? Jesus, isn't five enough?" He asks.

Minus one. He's a whole zero and I will NOT tolerate this kid being here.

He's. An. Ass.

Freddy hobbles downstairs and grabs my backpack. "Freddy, I can-"

"Come on," He says, carrying my bag upstairs and I follow. I look back down at Billy and stick my tongue out at him. Darla grabs her cream soda Slurpee from my tray while I walk past her while she's heading downstairs. Freddy and I go into Freddy's room. I look at the ground and see Billy's stuff on the bottom bunk.

"Oh hell no," I say. He sighs and says the complete opposite.

"Listen, my mom told me to make him feel at him, I already showed him my Superman bullet." He seemed so happy. I was really confused and worried about him. Freddy is such a sweet guy and THAT was his new brother? "Y/n, he's been through some stuff, PLEASE just trust me," he says.

I shake my head and place the Slurpee's on the dresser. If this boy was going to be here all night, this was going to be one hell of a night. 

 Here is the first chapter!!! I did it!!! Yay!!! I'm actually SO excited about this book and this movie was AMAZING!