Chapter 15

I walk out of my bedroom a little later at night to go find Billy. I walk into his and Freddy's room and see him falling asleep on the bottom bunk. I kneel down next to his bunk and put my hand on his arm, him facing away from me. "Billy?" I whisper.

He slowly faces me. "Mhm?" He asks.

"Hey... Can we go for a walk? Tonight?" I ask. I swallow hard expecting him to decline considering how late it was.

"Mhm, sure," he says while slowly climbing out of bed. I smile and walk out of his room to the coat rack. I pull on my boots and coat before Victor comes down.

"Where are ya going kid?" He asks, rubbing the sleep from his eyes in the process.

"A walk, with Billy," I honestly state.

"What time is it?" He reaches for his phone but I answer him first.

"Eleven, pm," I look at my feet in fear.

"Can you just be back in thirty minutes?" He asks. I nod my head with a small smile and he smiles sleepily before walking back up to his room.

I pull my coat on and Billy walks out in his pants instead of his previous shorts, he looked ill. I smile at him and ask "Hey, are you alright?" I ask. "You can stay home."

"I don't think I want to, let's head out," he says smiling. Something in his smile reminded me of him from my dream.

"Yeah, okay. Let's go." I stuttered a bit and he holds my hand as we leave.

We walked through the park for a couple of minutes and he threw his arms around my waist from behind which caused me to squeal. "BILLY!" I yell as he picks me up.

He laughs and lays me on the snow. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," he whispers against my cheek after falling on top of me.

"Oh, Billy," I mumble into his ear. "You're as blind as a mole."

He kisses my cheek and stands up, bringing me with him. We walk down a long pathway and he tugs at my arm so I can walk next to him. After a few more minutes we arrive at the Slurpee shop. I run in tugging him with me.

"Well, well, well," I hear to my right.

"Look who it is," I hear another recognizable voice say. We look over to see the bullies from our school.

"Not right now," I say straightforwardly.

"No, no... Right now," one of the two says.

"Shit..." Billy mumbles as he backs away, pulling me alongside him. I start getting nervous and Billy says, "fuck off," which just ends with them laughing.

 I don't know what Billy was thinking but he yells, "SHAZAM!" I take a few steps back and then that superhero is standing next to me. 

 The two bullies take a few steps back while Billy reaches for them. "Billy! No!" I yell. I was becoming scared. I remembered when my dream told me that Billy wasn't trustworthy.  It had said that Billy was a bad person. 

 I hear a crunching noise and look over to see a crippled hand of one of the bullies. He screams and tears sting my eyes. He is running out with his friend which causes me to back away. Billy looks at me and I run out of the gas station before hearing, "SHAZAM!"

 I continue to run and next thing I know I hear Billy behind me, calling, "Y/N! HEY! WAIT!" 

 I was scared and ran faster. I was too scared to look back, scared that I would see something darker than the young Billy Batson that I knew was trailing behind me. I start running, only holding one question within my mind. "Why was he so comfortable breaking his bones?"

 I began to wonder if dream Billy was right about him. He was bad. Evil. Dark? Whatever he had said, it began to feel truthful. I walked faster and Billy's voice called after me again. "PLEASE! Please wait! Tell me what happened, tell me why you were scared! I'm sorry I made you upset however I did!"

 I take a sharp turn onto another road then hear a voice in the back of my head. Billy's voice specifically. "Stay," it says. It was the same phrase the dream Billy said. Deep in my heart, I knew I'd never stay there but in my soul, I was considering staying there. 

 I made it back to the house and decided to climb into my bed. I locked my bedroom door and laid on my mattress. I close my eyes and think of my dream world. I open my eyes and then I'm there. 

 I sit up immediately, my strength already willing to go with me. I look around for Billy but he's not there, it's dark outside. The beautiful stars weren't in the sky though, just a full moon. I follow the moonlit grass path towards where I originally found the wall that I couldn't pass. 

 "Billy?" I call out. I end up at the wall again and push against it. "BILLY!" I yell as I turn around coming face to face with the one I was looking for. 

 "Have you changed your mind? Do you want to be with me? You want to stay?" He asks while cupping my cheek. I lean my forehead against his forehead and he pecks my nose.

 "I don't know, Billy. I just... What do I have to do to stay here?" I ask.

 He smiles and says "All you have to do is trust me," he whispers. 

 "What will you do?" I ask. 

 He holds my hip in one of his hands while his other hand cups my jaw. He presses his nose against mine and I wrap my arms around his neck. I kiss his cheek gently and he smiles that sweet smile before saying, "I'm just going to end your life."