Chapter 14

I climb out of bed with a groan emitting from my throat. I look to my right and smile at the sight of Billy Batson laying there, small snores erupting from his partially open mouth. I climb out of bed and walked to the bathroom. 

 I grab my toothbrush and wet the bristles of it. I hold the brush up to my teeth and begin the cleaning procedure, I look down to start the water to a warmer setting and quickly look back up. I stare at my neck as I brush my teeth a little quicker. 

 Bruises. No, hickeys. Hickeys scattered the s/c skin on my neck. I rinsed my toothbrush off angrily and rinsed my mouth out before storming back into my room, pushing past Mary on the way, a croissant on her mouth. Billy was not getting away with leaving hickeys on my neck unless he was getting that sort of treatment.

 I climbed on him and then realized... "How the fuck do you leave a hickey?"

 He opened his orbs to see me straddling him with angry eyes. "Hey, pretty. What're you so angry about?" 

 I dive down and decide to go for it. I start kissing along his neck and I hear a "Woah, babe, chill," as I continue. I place my hands on his hips and kiss his jawline.  I start kissing it deeply, nipping a bit and he hisses.

 "I can't believe you," I whisper into his neck as I kiss more. I kiss deeply along his neck and suck in as much skin in each kiss as possible. 

 "Babe!" He calls out. 

 I pull away when I feel satisfied at the bruise slowly appearing on his beautiful skin. I cup his neck and whisper "I think I love you, Billy Batson."

 He smiles and holds my hip before whispering "I know I love you too."

 "Well, I'll just be going," Victor says. I look over and see him standing in the doorway, door wide open and Darla trying to look past his arm at the situation. I waved at her and she giggled while running away.

 "Breakfast will be done in 30 minutes love birds!" Rosa yells. He and I both call back, confirming we understood. 

 "Baby?" I ask. He nods his head and kisses my cheek knowing I was asking if he could bring me mine when it was done.

 He climbs out of bed and leaves my room. I lay on my mattress, pull the blanket over my body and close my eyes. 

 Dreamland. 

 "Have you considered my offer?" I hear from my left. I look over at Billy Batson and swallow.

 "Actually... I haven't," I say.

 He scoffs. "Of course you haven't," he grabs my hand and sits up. "Let me show you something."  I slowly let myself sit up and he stands. He pulls me with him and starts walking towards an edge only two or three steps away from us before we fall.

 "B-Billy," I stutter out.

 "Relax, it's not a far drop." I look off the cliff and see it's only a small jump. I climb down and he walks with me after hopping down.

 He pulls me close to him and there's a large wall in the way. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind me and whispers "I know you want to walk past it but... As long as you're not confessing to stay and you're not staying, you can't go further." 

 "What do you mean?" I ask. 

 "I mean... You should stay, with me. The other Billy isn't a good guy." I listen to those words carefully and roll my eyes.

 "I mean..." I feel a blade slide across the hickeys on my neck. "Look what he did to you," He says.

 "That's not bad..." I say. I turn to face him carefully and he leans his forehead against mine. "Not everything is so scary... but today and last night, something about you seems to be darker."

 I swallow hard as he spins me back to face the large brick wall and he puts his hand against the wall from under my arm. "Do you want to go past this wall or what?"

 I look at his arm and mumble, "I want to leave this dream."

 "Just accept this, please?" He asks. He holds his arm out and aims the blade towards me. I scream.

 "BILLY!" I yell. I wake up and fall forward thinking there was no wall there. I hit the wall and seconds later I feel one singular arm wrap around me. "Hey, hey, relax," he says.

 "F-Freddy," I say. I cling to him and whisper "it's so real, it's real but it isn't. He wants to kill me. Billy wants to fucking kill me!" I end up yelling by the end of my sentence. 

 "What?!" Mary yells. She walks in and asks, "why does Billy want to kill you?"

 "N-No, not Billy. Billy from-" Billy walks in and looks nervous.

 "Kill you? I don't want to-" I cut him off, getting angry nobody was listening to me. 

 "WHAT THE HELL GUYS! LET ME SPEAK! PLEASE!" Darla stands at the door with the two boys, Eugene and Pedro. 

 Billy rubs my arm and says, "sure, babe."

 "I... I'm scared. I keep having this dream. When that man knocked me out at the fair I passed out and..." I sigh. I decide my words were right. It was just a dream. "It's a dream. I'm sorry."

 "Are you sure?" Mary asks.

 "Yes, please don't worry about it." They nod their heads and walk out. All but Freddy.

 "Your dream is trying to kill you?" He asks.

 I shrug. "I guess, I don't know."

 "Okay... Fine. You and I should just go somewhere today. Come eat," he says.

 He walks out of the bedroom and I look at the wall I had previously been clutching on to. That was the wall in my dream. I always started where I was laying down in the field. I became curious, did my dream world sync in with reality?