Chapter 10

We walked into the door that Baldy had brought Billy. It was like a whole other world inside. "Holy shi-" I start before Eugene wraps his hand around my mouth in an attempt to silence me. "Sorry," I whisper to him.

Mary waves us to follow her and we do as told. We get to the large entrance like rock formation. We walk through it and see Billy but he's surrounded by a bunch of shadowy monster like things. I swallow hard at the sight.

The bald man is about to complete his sentence when the Batarang is thrown at baldy by Eugene. It knicks his head and he looks over. All the shadowy figures collect together as if he is a small hut on a rainy day and go into him. Like ghosts through walls, they went through him.

"You want him!? You have to fight us!" Mary yells.

"Or Billy can just beat the shit out of him, but WHATEVER!" I yell at Mary.

I was shocked when Billy minutes later threw baldy across the rocky structures and into a small pit. He ran over and started pushing us out of the room.

He gave me a small smile as we followed Darla wherever the hell she was headed. "Don't give me that romantic smile as a grown man, I'll have to kick you in the balls and blow my rape whistle," I say with a giggle. He seemed confused. Someone hasn't seen Pitch Perfect.

We came into a room with a bunch of doors everywhere. I was extremely shocked at the number of doors I saw. They were all floating.

"Well one of them has to be ours," Mary says. I look at Billy and he places his hand on my shoulder.

"Well, I mean... Um..." Everyone looks at him.

"START LOOKING!" Darla yells. She opens one door and there is a table of 3 crocodiles there. She smiles a bit at the sight and then we hear Baldy yell after us.

"LITTLE FAMILY AND GIRLFRIEND COME TO SAVE YOU?!" He yells. Unaware of where he is they begin searching faster.

"Have you ever been here before?" Pedro asks, Billy.

"Yeah but-" I cut him off before he can finish.

"HOW DID YOU GET OUT?!" I ask.

He looks around frantically and says "I don't know, I just thought of the subway car and then BOOM! I was there," he says. I grab his hand.

"Think of somewhere then and get us OUT OF HERE!" Mary yells hearing running from most likely the bald man.

"Okay, um..." There's a flash of light and then nude women everywhere.

"OH MY GOD!" I yell. I cannot believe that Billy thought of a fucking strip club. I hide my face in Freddy's shoulder and he limps out quickly while Mary carries Darla with her hand around her small eyes.

"Seriously, Billy?!" Mary yells as we come out the doors.

"Sorry!" He yells. We all start running down the alleyway and I turn to Billy to ask him a question.

"What else did you do with the privilege of being an adult?" I ask.

"Nothing too extreme," he says before running a bit more. I look back and see Baldy.

"Billy?" I call out to him. He looks back and is shocked to see the man walking quickly towards us.

"RUN! RUN!" he yells. He scoops up Freddy and begins running for his life. I run after the group and we make it to the big carnival. We run in seeing crowds of people. To blend in I hear Billy yell "Shazam!"

I look for his normal self in the crowd, getting a bit lost within the people. I feel young boy arms wrap around my waist with a soft pair of lips placed against my own. I kiss back immediately knowing it's Billy. "Hey, handsome," I say through a mini fit of giggles.

He smiles at me but says "not the time to fall in love with your gorgeous face again, c' mon." He pulls me with him but quickly turns back around. He has a huge smile on his face which causes me to smile. "It's too late not to," he says before kissing me again, his arms fastening themselves around my hips. I cup his cheek and wrap my other arm around his shoulders.

"You're amazing, Billy," I say when we pull away.

"Why's that?" He asks.

"You're my hero," I say while over dramatically biting my lip.

"Do you love me?" He asks. At the beginning of all of this, I would've said no.

"Yes," I say. He wraps his arms around my waist so tightly that my body was pressed against his as he kissed me softly.

"You're amazing to me," he says.

"Why am I amazing to you?" I ask. He goes to answer buy Mary cuts him off.

"COME ON!" She yells.

"Because you're you," he says as he pulls me with him. I grab his hand tightly as we run. We hid behind a small hut and people were still happy so he couldn't be here yet.

"Billy?" I ask. Yes, I was going to be cheesy. No, he wouldn't laugh. He holds my hand tight and looks at me to say what I wanted to say. "Will you protect me?" I ask.

He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist. "Of course I will," he says.

"This is a carnival, not the fucking Titanic, Billy," I hear Freddy from behind me. I lean in and kiss Billy gently. He smiles into our shared intimacy and then that's when people began to run out of the carnival.

"Shit," he says as he stands up.

I look up and see Baldy in the air as I see Billy yell "SHAZAM!" and that's when it all connected. Shit was about to really go down.