Chapter 24

We were all sitting in a park, my body nuzzled into Billy while he repeatedly kissed my temple. Freddy, Pedro and Mary were yelling idea at each other. We were in the midst of trying to come up with some plans as to how to make my slumber a lot less restless. 

 Darla pipes up, her little buns on her head popping up with her as she yells, "What if she used her magic dream powers to stop him!?" 

 Freddy's face contorts into a disgusted one before he says, "She doesn't have "Dream powers," what the fuck are those?"

 I look at him with a look of anger. He was always over here crushing little girls' dreams. The only difference about this one is I wish he was crushing mine and not Darla's. 

 Mary stands up and stares at us all, "But what if she dreams she does? She was able to dream in a Freddy, why not some abilities! It's her dream!"

 All their eyes avert to me as if I would know. "Seriously?" I ask. Pedro shrugs. 

 "We think maybe you'll know," Billy says. I looked at him as if he was stupid.

 "Yeah, no shit," I state before looking back at the group, all of them still staring. "I DON'T KNOW!" I yell. 

 "Does it not sound like it could work?" Eugene asks. I begin to stutter before Billy rubs my arm. I cuddle into his side and close my eyes for a few seconds. I was taking in the last sense of reality I really had.

 "Fine, I'll do it," I hesitantly said. They all seemed relieved but I just became more nervous. I didn't enjoy going into my dream world like I used to. Billy always scared me in there and I was always waiting for the day I couldn't get out. The last time I would see the real Billy Batson. 

 I look at Billy and he asks, "What's wrong?" I feel Freddy's presence next to me before hearing him ask the same question. 

 "W-What if one day I don't come back?" I ask. Freddy's eyebrows furrow as Billy's eyes gets wider. He wraps his arm around my waist and holds me close. He scans the group, all holding the same expressions as Freddy was.

 "Maybe she's right... We should be careful with abusing access to her dream world," He says, before putting his face into the top of my head.

 I felt his lips come in contact with my hair before Pedro says, " Okay so... Do you want to let this thing bother her? Possibly kill her, Billy?"

 He shrugs and says, "Well when you put it that way-" he was cut off quite quickly by Freddy Freeman who had been strangely quiet.

 "PUT IT THAT WAY?! IT'S BEEN THAT WAY SINCE WE FOUND OUT!" He yells. I try to hide my laugh but it just comes out as a large grin. Billy looks shocked.

 "Well... We're still abusing it. She can get hurt going in there too much, remember this bastard can hear us?" Billy says.

 "You're the bastard," Eugene states.