Chapter 6

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SHAZAM I DO NOT SUGGEST READING THIS CHAPTER UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE AND REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK THAT MUCH! I SEE UR COMMENTS!

I swallow hard because he was going to tell me what was going on. Nervousness consumed his originally confident face. I grabbed both Billy's hands in my own and said: "Hey, you can tell me."

He holds my hands and says "Alright... Freddy and I are helping me find out..." He just stared at me.

"Billy, come on," I say.

"Fine... He's helping me find out where my mom is..." Billy says. I sigh and look into his eyes. Then he began telling me the story of his mother.

"My mom left... Well. No. She lost me. We were at a fair or carnival... We were playing a game at one of the booths and she kept losing. I had wanted one of the stuffed animals but she kept missing each shot. She ended up winning a little spherical compass. I complained about wanting the stuffed animal as any other kid would, but my mother looked at me and said "but this will help you find your way,"..." I looked down at his hand to see him fiddling with a small dark ball in his hand, assuming it was the compass I teared up a bit.

He continues. "We were going through a crowd, but I dropped it... I went to grab it and turned around but she was gone. I sat with the police for hours but she never came around. She probably didn't know I was there. Maybe she was looking elsewhere and now... Freddy is helping me find her."

He looked into my eyes. I look up into his and my heart broke for him. The fact that Freddy thought I'd get hurt from this was an understatement. I was torn apart. Thrown into a shredder and sliced into thin bits. "Y/n?" he says.

I don't say anything but we both ended up leaning in to place each other's mouths on each other. I kissed him with more emotion than usual, I don't know why but it felt needed.

We pull away and he goes to say something but I pull him right back in for another one. He holds my hips and a tear slips down my cheek as I kiss him. That was one of the saddest things on the planet.

He pulls away and whispers "That was more passionate than any other kiss we've shared, what's going-" he looks at my face. At this point, the tears were just pouring down my face. "Oh, shit," he says while wrapping his arms around me.

I wrap my arms around his waist and cry. He whispers "Hey, what's going on?"

I pull him tightly against me and he whispers that I'll be alright. "B-Billy?" I stutter out through my tears.

"Mhm?" He asks.

"I-I love you," I cry.

He sounded confused, "Are you sure that's it?" He asks. I nod my head quickly against his shoulder and he holds me tight against him.

"What's going on?" He asks with darkness and anger consuming his naturally soothing tone. "Th-That's all, Billy." I really wanted to tell him that my dad had hurt me again. Just like I promised him I would. After what he just said though I couldn't tell him such a thing.