Chapter 20

Freddy Freeman has his arm wrapped around my shoulders as he moves me quickly towards the exit. I cuddle myself tight into his side as he pulls me through other patients and doctors. He must've seen Rosa because he turns right quickly. 

 "Freddy?" I whisper, he already knew I was asking him why he turned so quickly.

 "I saw Mary and Pedro, they'd think they can help but... They won't believe you as I do," he says. I nod my head in understanding, following him to the exit. I look to my right and Billy Batson sees us. 

 "F-Freddy," I stutter. He looks at Billy at the same time I do.

 "Run," he says. He tugs at my arm and we run out of the building hearing Billy call after us.

 "WAIT!" Billy yells. We run at top speed down the street or at least as fast as his walking stick would allow him, which was faster than I had thought. We hit an alleyway which Freddy turns into quickly, pulling me with him. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and holds me tight against him while moving me behind a large dumpster.

 He kneels down after I sit and lean against the wall. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and laughs. He says through his laughs, "Okay, okay. So... Why does this dream Batson want to kill you so badly?"

 I look at him and say, "Well... He wants me dead so I'll forever be in my dream." 

 "Why?" He asks. He looked at me with worry all over his face. I could only shrug at the response. 

 "I don't know how to stop him. I wish dream you were in there so I could ask him for help," I say. I look up at him and he jumps up in excitement. I flinch back from shock at his happiness.

 "How about you ask dream Billy to comes out so I can meet him," He says.

 I liked the idea at first until I started realizing. "He's just a dream, Freddy," I say. He nods his head, his happiness dying.

 "Alright then like... What if there is a dream me?" He asks. I was intrigued and ushered him to continue with his explanation. "Yeah. If it's a dream Billy, why don't you just ask for a dream Freddy Freeman," he smiles. I smile back, happy with his idea. 

 "You're right... If there is a dream Billy then there should be a dream Freddy. Right?" He nods his head happily. 

 "But you have to make it seem less obvious that you want to see Freddy for his help," Freddy, says. 

 "I know he's there already... The first night when this happened at the carnival." I say. He looked at me as if he wanted me to continue the story. So I did. "Yeah, he was wearing all white and he was..." I look at him with tears in my eyes. "He was able to walk," I say.

 "Really?" He asks, a sad but still happy smile on his face.

 "Y-Yeah," I stutter out. I smile and hug my arms around his waist. "He was nice... He vanished but so did Billy. So if Billy was able to come back, you should too."

 "Just ask to see Freddy next time," He says. I smile and nod my head. 

 Billy comes around the corner and I jump in fear. Freddy and I stand up quickly. "What the hell, Freddy!" He yells. I step back.

 "What the hell me?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN WHAT THE HELL ME?!" Freddy yells. He was upset and I could tell. He leans on his walking stick as Billy storms over to me.

 "Babe, come here," he says, pulling me into his arms and hugging me tight against him. "Why'd you take her out of the hospital?" Billy asks.

 "Because I'm going to help her with this fucking dream problem," Freddy states angrily. My body was tight against the right side of Billy's body, his right arm around my waist. I reach my right hand to his left shoulder and shake it a bit.

 "What, Y/n? You know this is just a bunch of nightmares. Freddy can't help you because it's just nightmares and it isn't real," Billy says. "You're just... You're being stupid about this." I frown at the thought of me being stupid and look over at Freddy.

 "You're not being stupid, Y/n," Freddy says. Freddy looked emotional. "A good boyfriend would help you, not turn you away because they don't believe someone's dreams can be out to get them. Then again... Billy isn't a good boyfriend," Freddy says, a small tear trickling down his cheek.

 "I'm a fine boyfriend, in fact, by telling her the fucking truth and leading her to a less childish result of the situation I am being even better! SHOWING HER THE GOD DAMN TRUTH!" Billy began yelling, actual anger erupting from his voice. 

 Freddy rolls his eyes and groans as I walk backwards. I was getting scared that Freddy would break for the first time I had seen in a while. "WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE HER?!" He yells. I look at Freddy and see his face beet red, the freckles on his face barely visible from the coloured anger on his face. 

 Billy wraps his arms around me protectively again before turning us so my back is Freddy. I hide my face in Billy's shoulder before hugging him back, tears stinging my eyes just as I hear Billy ask, "What?"

 Freddy yells at the top of his lungs, cracks in his voice from the tears I could envision pouring down his now red cheeks. "Your girlfriend needs you and you won't fucking help her! BELIEVER HER AND FUCKING HELP HER! BECAUSE SHE NEEDS YOU!" I couldn't let out a tiny smile at the thought that my best friend wanted to help me this much.

 "She needs all of you..." He says. I look over Billy's shoulder and see the other kids standing there, all of them nodding their heads. 

 I hear Billy's final words and couldn't help but let out a hopeful sob after the word. 

 "Fine, I believe you, Y/n." His voice let my sob erupt before hearing Pedro.

 I hear the crunch of the chips in Pedro's mouth before hearing, "We gonna go and fuck a bitch up or what?"