Chapter 9

We had sat with the bald man for quite awhile. Maybe 5 minutes? I couldn't stop looking up at him. There was something wrong with his eye. I look up and ask "Why do you want, Billy?" I receive no answer from the man so I ask again."Why do you want him?!"

He turns to me and yells in a terrifying tone, a tone my father would use. "THAT ISN'T IMPORTANT TO YOU NOW IS IT!? When does he get home!?"

I had shaken in fear from the anger in his voice. "I-I don't know," I say. He shakes his head and turns away. I had to find a way to tell Billy what was going on. "Um... Maybe if you let me call Billy?" I ask.

I look at the group and Freddy is looking at me nodding his head before darting his attention to the man once again. "You should let her. He loves her. He'll do anything... For her."

I smile at the bald man and he looks between Freddy and me before yelling, "CALL HIM THEN!"

I quickly nod my head while taking out my phone. "Put it on speaker," he says. "Don't let him know I'm here," he finishes like a giddy school girl about to make her first prank call.

"R-Right," I say. I call and it rings through the phone on speaker. I look up at the man as he reaches down to take the phone from me. He holds the bottom of it near his mouth and we all hear Billy answer.

"Y/n, I love you. I'm so sorry I ran off. I'm sorry I ever insulted that family and didn't say they were my own. They mean everything to me, you... You mean everything to me. That is my home. 

I just saw my mom and-" I heard him say "mom" and wanted to talk to him but the man spoke first.

"It's time to come home, Billy," Baldy says.

"W-What?" I hear Billy.

Freddy screams, "HELP!"

Mary and Darla following calling out, "HELP US BILLY!" and Pedro with Eugene doing the same thing. I stand up and grab the phone quickly.

I hold the bottom of it to my mouth to make sure he can hear me. "Don't do this, baby. Don't come here. Go find your parents and just-MMM" Baldy's hand was wrapped around my mouth and I hear Billy.

"I-I'm coming! I'm coming guys," before Billy hangs up. I roll my eyes and Baldy hangs it up.

I face the man and he pushes me to the floor. "Baby? Huh?" He asks. I swallow hard when he says, "You two love each other? Cute little high school sweethearts? Yeah? That'll make you a good choice," he says grabbing me and holding me against him with his hand around my mouth.

"LET HER GO!" I hear Freddy yell from the couch.

"What're you going to do about it, Crippled?" The man asks. Thoughts of my dad begin to hit me hard as I look at Freddy crying, this mans hand around my mouth. I shake away the thoughts and let tears spill from my eyes.

"He said to let her go!" I hear a grown man from the backyard. The man holding me turns around and we see the superhero. Billy Batson. My Superhero. (THAT WAS MY FAV THING TO WRITE RIGHT THERE)

The man behind me yells "come inside Billy."

"Let them go and I will!" He yells back.

"Come in and I'll let them go," he says. His grip around my mouth and nose getting tighter, my breathing becoming erratic within his containment.

Billy slowly makes his way inside, pushing the slidey door open slowly. The man pushes me to the floor and I gasp for air. Billy or whatever the hell that man is, kneels down in front of me. 

"You're okay, babe," he whispers.

"Don't call me that like this, it seems really fucking wrong," I say, grabbing his shoulder tightly. He wraps his not Billy Batson large arm around my waist and helps me up a bit.

"Give me your power," the bald man says.

"I wish I could, but I don't know how," Billy says.

I walk over to the counter and grab a cup to fill with water. That's when it all connected. The superhero got my dad arrested. Billy Batson is the superhero. Billy Batson is LITERALLY my hero! I drop the cup and run over to Billy, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Not now, Y/n," he says as the man turns towards the closet door.

"You saved me, Billy," I say. "You saved me from those awful parents... I fucking love you for that," I whisper. "Never let me near them again, please? Never let me go, you're my hero." 

Remember a few chapters ago when I said I wasn't going to drop to my knees for him and say pretty much everything I just did? There ya go, I was wrong.

He smiled down at me and looked over at the closet door. It had engravings in it and it opened. It was blue and white on the inside, like a secret lair. I looked up at Billy and he grabbed my hand and whispered, "keep them here." as he followed the bald man into the room.

Silence. Silence held the room in its place. Not a single movement among us. The door closes. We stare at the door intensely. I hear a small clearing of the throat which causes all of us to look at the coughing beholder. Pedro.

"So we're gonna help him?" Pedro asks. We all nod our heads and go through the house to find one weapon for each of us. Freddy comes down the stairs with his Batarang and I decide to grab a kitchen knife. A thick one. A chefs knife.

We all walk over to the door and stand around it for a split second. I reach for the handle and open.