Chapter 4

The next night came around quickly. I was walking with Billy Batson down the snowy streets. I started thinking about all the new videos of that superhero guy and decided to ask about it to him.

"What do you think of the superhero, Billy?" He looked at me confused.

"Superhero? What superhero?" He was walking behind me a bit.

"On YouTube. There's a bunch of videos of this so-called "superhero" on there." He looks at me.

"I didn't even know about him," he says. I take out my phone and sit on a bench near me. I smile as he sits next to me, his thigh against mine. I didn't actually like using him like this, I just wanted information.

I showed him the video of this superhero jumping up a building and breaking through the window. "My favourite thing about this is the fact that he just-" I cut myself off with my laughter. He smiles at my giggling and elbows me playfully.

"That he just what?" I grip his arm and keep laughing into his shoulder. I felt something, but I didn't want to believe I did as he leans his head on mine.

"He just! He believed in himself so much! And COULDN'T jump the building in one jump," I giggle more. He laughs at my giggling.

"Don't you think it hurt him?" He asks. I look up at him wiping my tears from me laughing so hard.

"Do you?" I ask. This superhero could do a lot and I don't think that hurt him.

"Well... Maybe not," he says, looking at the video replaying on my phone.

I turn off my phone and look at him. "Hey, Billy?" I ask.

He looks down at me and says "Yes?" causing me to swallow my thoughts but they just come right back up.

"I don't like Freddy ignoring me..." I say. I look into his eyes. He looked confused. "Ever since you moved in, he doesn't even let me know anything anymore. Do you... Do you know why?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Not sure, but if you want... Tomorrow after school you can hang out with Freddy and me."

"Really?" I ask, hopeful. If I was able to hang out with him then I'd really get to know what is going on. I didn't want to lose my best friend to his not so bad brother.

"Yeah! I'd love if you were with us, you could see the awesome shit we're doing right now," he smiles.

I bite my lip a bit, happiness overfilling me. "I'd really love to do that," I say.

He nods his head with a smile on his own face. "That's awesome, we can tell him at school tomorrow, okay?" He asks. I nod my head eagerly and he moves a bit closer to me, if possible.

He wraps his arm around my waist, moving inch after inch closer to me. "Billy-" I begin to say but he presses his nose to mine.

"Yeah?" He asks. I look into his eyes. He has the most innocent and sweet filled eyes on the planet. I didn't like what I was doing to him but I felt like I needed to.

"Tomorrow? We should kiss... Tomorrow, with Freddy there," I say. He chuckles and nods his head in agreement. "I'll see you tomorrow, Billy," I say.

He nods his head and says "For sure," before standing up and pulling me with him. I hug him tightly, his warmth making me smile before I walk away. "Bye, Billy!" I call back. He waves and disappears into the night.

The next day I walk into school, my bag slung over my shoulder. I look for Billy Batson in the hallways, he is standing by a fountain near Freddy Freeman's locker.

"BILLY!" I yell while running over. "Hey!" I say as he smiles at me.

"Hey, Y/n," he says. I wrap my arms around his waist, he wraps his around my shoulders. He kisses me gently and I hear Freddy gasp.

"Y/n! I thought we made a deal, no dating my brother under any circumsta-" He yells at me.

"Relax, Freddy," Billy states, cutting Freddy off. "Okay, so Y/n will now be spending time with us when we do our stuff because she doesn't-"

Immediately, without any chance of letting Billy finish his sentence Freddy yells "NO!" and people look over. I look around awkwardly and the crowd finally goes back to their usual conversations.

"Why not?" I ask Freddy.

"Because! This isn't something you... You can be a part of," he states. I get a little upset from those words.

"Of course, let me guess because it's a boy thing?" I ask. Billy faces me and holds my arms.

"Hey, it's not a boy thing... I guess it's just a-" Freddy cuts him off.

"A Freddy and Billy thing! Not a Y/n thing. Just... Don't try. I don't want you in this one thing and you can't handle it!" He yells at me.

"I can't handle it? That's not even the issue here, Freddy," I begin. "The issue is that I can't talk to my best friend anymore without him being a complete jerk."

"Get over it! We can do stuff together just not this," Freddy states as he walks off. I turn on my heels and feel a hand grab my own.

"Y/n, it's okay," Billy whispers as he pulls me into his arms.

"Sure it is," I whisper, tears burning my eyes.

He moves my head from his chest and kisses me. I wanted to pull away but for some weird reason, I couldn't. I felt something. Not love. I felt complete guilt from what I've been doing to him. I kissed back. He pulls away and smiles sadly at me.

"It'll be alright," he whispers as he walks away.

I stand at my locker for a few minutes, guilt pouring through my veins.

"Y/n," I hear a familiar voice come from the left of me. I look over and see Mary.

"Hey," I say, sadness evident in my voice.

"I just saw you and Billy kiss..." She says. I nod my head and bite my lip.

"I really hope you're not just fucking with his head to get close to Freddy again because... He's really happy knowing he can sneak out to you every night," she says. I feel even more guilt than I already had as she walks away.

All the guilt built up in my nasal passage and I could only do one thing.

Cry.

I'm so glad you're all loving this book so much! TYSM PEOPLE!