Chapter 13

I was laying in my bed with my eyes closed. The family and I had just gotten back from the carnival. Turns out while I was in my dream world they tore baldy's eye out and saved the fair. I had looked over to see a group of people cheering for them and a Santa Claus screaming "IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!" at a news reporter camera. 

 I close my eyes as tight as I can and pray that I'll be brought back to my dream. Just as I wished, I returned. The sky was dark this time, stars littered it and I looked to my left to see Billy Batson once again in the same white suit. "Is this like... Your favourite place?" Billy asks.

 I couldn't answer. I tried so hard to answer but nothing would come out. He grabs my hand gently and I hear him say, "just relax your body, let your words flow out like a stream."

 I swallow hard. I breathe in, then out. "This place feels so real," I say. 

 I hear his cute chuckle just before he says "That's because you want it to be real. Since you want it to be real, it will feel exactly what you want it to be. But that doesn't answer my question. Is this your favourite place?"

 I had to think about that. It may be my favourite place, but it isn't really a place. It's a vast intrusion between myth and reality. I want this place to exist, it feels so real like reality should. It isn't real, like the mythical aspect within it. 

 He faces me and asks "Did you like saving the carnival?"

 I relax and turn my body to face his. "I didn't do shit," I say. He smiles and rubs my arm in his soft hand. 

 "You did more than you could ever imagine, you supported me. I wanted to ask you something," he says, he pulls a small, light, blade from his back pocket. 

 "W-What is it?" I stutter out.

 He pulls me close and whispers to me, "relax," his arm wrapped tightly around my waist, the blade held between us by his other hand.

 "Why do you have-" He cuts me off.

 I stare into his brown eyes as he says, "stay." 

 "S-Stay where?" I ask. I begin shaking a bit.

 "Stay here, in the grass, with the flowers, birds, the skylight. Stay with me, you want to stay with me forever, right? Stay." I began to get scared.

 I started thinking that maybe this beautiful place had a dark side to it, something that would pull you in like a rope. "Billy, I-"

 "Wake up," he says quickly. Panic was written all over his face.

 "What?" I ask. I become scared as his eyes go darker than the sky above us. 

 "WAKE UP!" He yells and my eyes jolt open. I sit up with tears in my eyes and then hear a "Woah, woah," from the real Billy. I feel his arms wrap around me, they feel ten times more real than the ones in my dream as I cling to him.