Chapter 21

I laid on my bed with all the kids of the Shazam Fam around me. "So you just like... Go to sleep and you're in your dream world?" Mary asks. 

 "Kind of," I say. I look at her and continue. "So... I go to sleep and end up there most times. This time may be different though. I'm not tired," I say. 

 Freddy groans. "THEN GET TIRED!" I looked at him like he was an idiot.

 "You can't just "Get Tired"," Billy says. I stare at the ceiling before seeing Eugene's pocket watch in front of me. 

 "Relax your mind," he says. I look at him and he pushes my head. "Look at the watch. Not the Asian, stupid girl," He mumbles the last part but we all heard him. "Relax your mind and let me take you into your dream world."

 I hear Pedro say, "That was strangely sexual, Eugene." 

 "SHUT UP!" Eugene yells. Everyone steps back and he tries again. After around 2 minutes I didn't feel any more tired. 

 "It's not working, dumb ass," Darla says, sass lacing her voice.

 "Watch your mouth," Mary says to her. Darla just shrugs.

 "Yeah no, it's not working," I say to Eugene. He groans and climbs off the bed. 

 "Babe," I hear Billy to my left. I look up at him and he cups my cheek. "Just... Close your eyes. I'll be right here," he says. I nod my head and feel his lips come in contact with my forehead as I knock myself out. 

 Blue skies. The same beautiful blue skies I saw when I was in my dream world. I hear the same voice to my left as I had in the real world. "You willingly came back?" 

 I look over at Billy and smile at him. "Of course, I just wanted to ask you a question," I say. He nods his head at me.

 "Is there a dream Freddy Freeman?" I ask. He chuckles.

 "There is if you want there to be," He says. "Why? Do you want to see him?"

 I nod my head slowly, confirming I did. "Please?" I ask. I put on a small smile and he nods his head, getting up and disappearing into thin air. 

 I see Freddy Freeman, all white. He walks over to me and sits on the grass. He starts picking at the green shards in the ground. "You wanted to see me?" He asks. I place my hand on his thigh. 

 "Do... Do you love me?" I ask. He looks at me, same confusion the real Freddy had. "As a friend," I say.

 "Oh... Yeah. Obviously. Why?" He seemed to be getting nervous. I swallow hard and just decide to ask him my question and not hold back. 

 "Can you help me make him stop trying to kill me?" He sighs with a small smile on his face. Relief.

  "I vowed to never say how to stop it... But I can tell you. It's a lot easier than you think," He says. 

 "How do I do it though?" I ask him again. He shakes his head, tears in his eyes.

 "I-I can't tell you," he states. He looks around eagerly. 

 "Freddy, you have to tell me," I say. He shakes his head, the tears spilling. "Freddy, please," I say.

 "I can't. Trust me, I want to but I can't," he says. He shakes his head and he places his hand on mine, rubbing small circles with his thumb into my s/c flesh. 

 "Please just... Give me a sign of how to do it," I whine to him. He shakes his head quickly. He gets up and paces for a minute.

 "Okay, you have to understand... I can't tell you. If I tell you then I am SO fucked," He states eagerly. "Believe me," He whines.

  I nod my head and he kneels down, placing his hand on my own again. He holds it tight. He stares into my eyes. "Freddy..." I whisper.

 "You have to go." The way he had said those words filled me to the brim with fear. 

 "What? No. You have to help me," I say, quite rudely. He just groans before squeezing my hand in his tanned one.

 "You have to go. Right. Now." I shake my head again, not wanting to leave.

 "You need to freaking help me, Freddy," I say. He just shakes his head. He looks up and then down at me once again. Tears were pouring down his cheeks. I sit up so I can reach my hand up to cup his face. I begin to brush the tears away. He places his hand on my shoulder and starts pushing me back, slowly.

 "I can't let him hurt you. Go," He says. He pushes me back and my eyes dart open. 

 I sit up, a rough gasp erupting from my lungs as I look around at the family in reality once again. I reach my hand out and feel Billy's soft hand hold it. He sits next to me before wrapping me in a tight hug. "He said it was easier than I thought... He wasn't allowed to tell me how to do it though. 

 I sit up on my knees in fear, my feet under my butt. Billy sits cross-legged next to me. He has his arms tight around my waist, my arms loosely hung around his shoulders. I look down at him as he lays his head against my lips. I kiss the top of his head and start crying. 

 Pedro stands there eating from a bowl of baby cookies. "I'm assuming Dream Freddy wasn't nice?" He asks. 

 "Everyone, get the fuck out," Billy says. I was shocked by his aggression but everyone did as told. I went to get up but he just held on tighter. He sits me onto my butt and presses his forehead against mine.

 "Y/n, I love you but this is all scary and crazy. If this is real... I want to stop it but without the way how to stop it... I can't." He seemed broken at his own words and I just broke down into tears.

 He pulls me tight into his embrace and I just sob into his jacket.