Chapter 18

I sat outside with Darla as she ran around the yard with her toy space ship. I felt a small buzzing in the back of my head but wasn't too sure what it was so decided to ignore it. 

 "Y/n! Come play with me!" She yells as she grabs her beach ball. I looked up at her and she was blurry.

 "Um... O-Okay!" I call back. I tear up as there was screeching in my ear and it just hurt my head. I walked down the porch steps and all of a sudden felt a huge pain in the back of my head. "GAH!" I yelled in pain. 

 "Y/n?" I hear Darla call for me.

 I felt it through my neck and screamed at the top of my lungs. She stumbled back and I held the sides of my head. I hear the slight sound of the sliding door open from the porch as I fall to my knees.

 "Hey! Sweetheart!" I hear Rosa yell. 

 Only a second later do I hear Billy calling out, "Babe?!"

 I start sobbing and fall to my knees. I hold my hands to my ears a sob before hearing Rosa yell out, "Victor! Call the hospital! Her ears are bleeding!"

 I start getting scared from Rosa yelling and the last thing I see is Billy's face in front of mine. "You're okay," he whispers then I pass out.

 I look around for a minute once I wake up and see the roof of an ambulance. "R-Rosa?" I call out. I feel as someone's hand holds mine and look to the left to see Victor sitting there. 

 "You're alright, kiddo," he says. I smile nervously then my smile falters when the sharp pain hits my neck again and I pass out. I see a flash of a pale blue sky before it went totally dark.

 I wake up once again in a hospital bed. "Victor?!" I call out. I was laying down but for some strange reason, I couldn't move. "Billy?" I whisper. I get no response and I just tear up. 

 I hear something that sounds like a whisper of a word in my head but it was mumbled. The word repeats until it is clear. "Stay."

 The sharp pain hits me again and I scream for help but nobody comes. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them to that beautiful hell. My dream world. 

 "I'm sorry," I hear to the left of me. I look over and see that devilish Billy in his dashing white suit. 

 "What's happening?" I ask him, tears stinging my eyes.

 "I just missed you, so much..." He says. He looks at me and I reach for his hand. 

 "I hate you," I whisper.

 He begins to cry. It hurt me to see such an evil person cry, but considering the fact that an embodiment of a boy I loved was what I saw, it broke me. "I know you do. I just am so alone here. You haven't been sleeping right and it scares me," he says. He looks at me. "I just want you healthy."

 "You also apparently want me dead," I say to him.

 "That's not what I want, but I do want to keep you so I need you dead. I'm not going to force you to die... I just need to convince you to stay with me." He looks at the sky again. 

 I go to get up but he presses the back of his arm onto my stomach. "Don't move..." He whispers. 

 "Why not?" I ask. He was starting to piss me off. He wouldn't even let me get up.

 Laughter. This dark and sinister laugh rings through my ears as he says, "It wouldn't be fair to you."

 "It would be only fair if I could stand up," I say. I go to sit up again and he holds me down again. I didn't know how to feel about his attitude at this moment. 

 "Do you want to die or not? If you die you're with me... If you're alive-" he cuts himself short and begins to laugh maniacally again. 

 "What're you talking about? You fucking psychopath!" I couldn't hold back my anger at this point. He just breathes heavy before wheezing out another insane laugh. I felt the tears burn my eyes from tears as I yell. "TELL ME YOU MANIAC!"

 "If you get up... You cut off your life support. Have you not noticed... That wall you kept hitting, was your bedroom wall? You walk... In your sleep... When you walk with me." I became frightened by his words. 

 "Are you mad?" I ask. He looks at me and whispers the creepiest thing he could at that moment. 

 "Norman Bates once said, "We all go a little mad sometimes"." He gave me a dark smirk and laughed once again. I felt my lip quiver from fear and I tried to wake up. 

 "I can't wake up!" I yell. He closes his eyes and shrugs.

 "Sounds like your problem, I can't help you, sweetheart," he whispers. 

 "LET ME GO!" I yell. He shrugs and closes his eyes. 

 "Goodnight, kid," he whispers as he closes his eyes to sleep.

 "How do I sleep?" I ask him. His eyes jolt open at my question. 

 "You sleep with your eyes closed," he whispers and does just as he said. "Do you need a cuddle buddy?" He asks, jokingly. I really did though and nod my head.

 He sighs and moves close to me with a normal face. He wraps his arms around my waist and I hesitantly lay my head on his shoulder. "You're a monster," I whisper. 

 "Don't say that. Just say... I'm a little strange," he says. He closes his eyes and falls asleep. I stare at the sky in fear. 

 My dream synced tightly with reality and I never even knew it.