year 6 | "I'm worried"

He's changed a lot throughout the summer. His skin is no longer pale white but grey. He's lost weight, and there are bags under his eyes. He's even lost interest in Quidditch. He looks ill.

He's become less sociable. He doesn't talk at all. Even when Professor Snape was announced that he'd finally become our Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, he didn't seem to mind at all. He's like living in his own world. No one can get the hint of what he's up to.

Today is the first Quidditch match, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor. In the absence of Malfoy, I don't think we can win at all. I'm not interested in watching how our team is going to be defeated. Therefore, I've decided not to go to watch the match but go to the library to have my Potions essay done.

When I'm walking upstairs absent-mindedly, something catches my eyes. It's the very familiar white-blond hair that I've seen for five years. Draco Malfoy, flanked by his two sidekicks, is now walking a few feet in front of me. My instinct tells me to follow them.

I do.

Keeping some distance from my fellow house members, I follow them cautiously. They seem not to be aware of being followed. We keep walking upstairs until we're on the seventh floor. I can't think of anything special on the seventh floor. So, what are they going to do here?

I look around, searching for any suspicious sign. But when I look at the three again, Crabbe and Goyle are no longer there. Instead, Draco is talking to two girls. Considering their uniforms, I think they're from Slytherin too. Hiding behind the wall, I stare from a distance curiously. I wonder what they're talking about, but I can't hear anything. It's too far for me to get the message. After a while, Draco turns away from the girls and walks past a wall three times. Surprisingly, a door appears.

I never know there's a secret room built on the seventh floor. It's such a pity that I didn't know earlier. We could've held some house parties there.

He pushes the door open and goes inside. Soon, the door disappears. However, his girlfriends don't follow him in. I wonder why.

I'm excited. I know something is going to happen. Although I'm somehow like a pervert who voyeurs someone's rendezvous, I don't care. I stay a few minutes longer, but nothing happens. I decide to walk closer. Maybe I can go inside the room too. I'm curious about what it looks inside.

I walk towards the wall where Draco is behind. While I'm staring at the wall and hoping the door appears, someone hurries to me. Draco's girlfriends.

"You shouldn't be here!" one of the girls says. She looks like Millicent Bulstrode in a smaller size.

"Leave!" another girl who looks just as big orders.

It seems I don't have any choice when the girls are hindering me from going inside. So, I leave.

Heading to the library, where I've planned to go much earlier, I hear the noises from the Quidditch match; most of them are cheers from the Gryffindor supporters. But nothing is coming through the room nor from the mysterious chamber behind.

After I've arrived the deserted library, I start thinking about what's happened a few floors up.

I've never thought that Draco is the type of boy who just considers the inner beauty behind when they select their girlfriends. I don't think Draco tends to like big and fat girls either. Hang on, who are they? If they're from Slytherin, I doubt I'd not notice their existence considering their size. But I'm sure that I've never seen them before.

Where did Crabbe and Goyle go? I'd been next to the staircase the whole time, but no one had walked past me and got downstairs. And where did the girl come out from all of a sudden? Had they been there already before we got there? There are too many suspicious things I can't explain. It's strange.