year 6 | "rely on me"

'Hey, Draco!' I wave my hand furiously like an idiot when I meet him again at platform nine and three quarters.

The blond hair boy approaches me with his trolley. He is so pale, much paler than before and there are bags under his eyes.

I hug him tight when he is in my reach. 

'I miss you so much, Draco.' I whisper in his ear as my arms around his neck.

'I miss you too, (Y/N).' he whispers back.

I let him go after some moment. Staring at his poor state apprehensively, I place my palm on his pale cheek and rub it slightly with my thumb.

'Draco, you look so ill...' I mutter and tiptoe to kiss him on the forehead. 'Anything happened?'

'Don't worry, love.' He shakes his head with a weak smile.

Okay, he doesn't want to tell me. I don't want to force him to.

We find ourselves a compartment. On our way to Hogwarts, we don't say many things. He asks me what I have done in the summer but doesn't tell me about himself.

'Draco, remember you still have me. If you have something want to talk to me, I will be here.' I grab his hand in mine and squeeze it gently.

He nods and kisses me top of the head.

'Come on, you need to rest.' I pat my laps and smirks. 'I'm here.'

He laughs and pinches my cheek gently. Resting his head on my laps, he falls asleep.

I slip my fingers through his white-blond hair and look outside the window, hoping everything is still okay. I falls asleep with him afterwards.

I open my eyes and rub them with my hand. Draco is not sitting next to me anymore and I'm alone.

I leave the compartment and search for him. During the process, I meet Harry, my fellow Gryffindor and I enter his compartment. 'I think Malfoy has become a Death Eater.' he says.

I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. 'Evidence?'

'I met him in Diagon Alley before. He and his Mum in Boogie Woogie and I guess he is up for something.' he explains. 'By the way, where is Malfoy? Why you're not staying with him?'

'We fell asleep and he was not in the compartment anymore. I'm looking for him actually.'

'He is with his fellow Slytherins I think.' he says, pulling something from his trunk simultaneously.

'Why the Invisibility Cloak? Don't tell me you're going to eavesdrop.'

'You're right. But I need your help.' I leave Harry's compartment and search for Draco. There he is! He is talking with Blaise and Pansy. I knock the door and open it. They stop talking and stare at me.

'Sorry for interrupting. Draco, are you hungry? I have prepared some sandwiches.' I hand him a lunch box and he grabs it. 'Without corned beef.'

'Thanks, Y/N. I'll be back soon.' he smiles.

I close the door after Harry sneaks into it. Merlin, please bless him.

When we arrive Hogwarts, Draco hasn't come back yet. Maybe he still has things to do, so I get off the train.

During the feast, I can't see Draco and Harry which makes me worry.

They enter the hall one by one afterwards, Draco, followed by Harry who is in his blood.

Draco and I become distant. He doesn't play Quidditch anymore. No more bullying and mocking. We usually talk about my stuffs since he isn't willing to talk about himself.

After Draco is cursed by the spell, Sectumsempra which is casted by Harry, I go to the hospital. He is sleeping and I grab his hand, sobbing. 'Why you just can't rely on me? Why you didn't tell me? Who do you think I am?' I mumble, 'I'm your girlfriend!'

He opens his eyes slowly and rubs my tears away carefully with a smile. 'Sorry, (Y/N). I don't want you to worry me. I don't want you to cry. I want you to smile all the time.' he says softly, 'you are the prettiest girl when you smile.'

'You're an idiot!' I punch him lightly in his chest and hug him bone-crushingly afterwards.

'Everything is going to be okay.' he whispers.

He tells me all his Death Eater stuff and I suggest him to seek help from Dumbledore. His family is then protected by the Order and he becomes happy and healthy again.

We fight for Hogwarts together and after the battle, he proposes to me. '(Y/N), you may think that it's too early but would you like to live with me? I mean, would you like to be Mrs. Malfoy?' he kneels down and asks affectionately, pulling out a simple silver ring from his pocket.

'It's simple, but it represents our love.' I nod with my tears streaming down my cheeks and he slips the ring on my ring finger. He stands up and pulls me into the world best kiss.

'So, from now on, you're mine officially.'