year 3 | diagon alley

(Draco's POV)

Today I go to Diagon Alley with my parents to get the school supplies for my third year. We go to Quality Quidditch Supplies first and I see the Firebolt, the best broom ever is displayed. Father refuses to buy me one as I was beaten by that know-it-all, Granger again. Fine, mine is still better than Potter's one.

We then get to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions to buy my new school robes. I have grown taller and the old ones are no longer fit. While I'm paying for my new robes, I meet (Y/N) (Y/L/N), one of my fellow Slytherins, but we never actually say a word to each other as she's a quiet girl. Anyway, I should say 'Hello'.

'Hey, (Y/L/N). Buying new robes?' I'm really stupid, she obviously is going to buy new robes if she enters this store.

She waves her hand and nods. 'Come here, girl.' Madam Malkin gestures her to a stool. 'Would me mind to take off your robe? I need to make you a new one.' She nods and pulls her robes over her head, making her black short hair messy.

Madam Malkin helps her put on the Hogwarts robes. She waves her wand, stitching the robe to make it suitable for her.

'Want some ice-cream?' I ask when she finishes, 'Father and Mother are helping me to buy my books and ingredients for Potions.'

'Sure. Mum and Dad are buying my school supplies too.' She smiles and we leave the store together.

We go to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. 'Which flavour do you want?' I ask her.

'Strawberry, please.'

I buy two large ice-creams, one strawberry, one chocolate flavour for myself. I hand the strawberry one to her.

'Thanks.' she smiles.

'You're welcome.' I feel my cheeks burning, Crabbe and Goyle never thank me. This is the first time someone says "thank you" to me.

'Had a hard time at school? The Slytherins always take your stuffs and hide them.' I break the silent after sitting down outside the store.

'Not really.' she smiles, licking her ice-cream again.

How come she can still smile and answer me 'not really'? If I was her, I must curse the ones who dare to hide my things.

'Does strawberry flavour taste nice?' I ask.

'Yea, do you want to have a try?' she tilts her head and hands me her ice-cream with a smile.

I stretch my neck and lick the pink ice-cream with my tongue. Although the ice-cream is cold, I feel surges of heat to my face when I realize Jones has just licked the ice-cream.

It's a stupid thought, but we actually kissed indirectly.

'You don't like it?' she asks and frowns.

'No. It tastes... good.' I stutter, 'Um... Do you want to try mine?'

She nods and leans in to taste my chocolate ice-cream. I blush more furiously.

'Taste good?' I ask tentatively.

'Yes.' she answers with a big smirk on her face.

'Er... You have some ice-cream at the corner of you mouth.' I lean in and wipe the ice-cream away with a tissue carefully. 'Okay.'

'Thanks.' she says. 'By the way, are you feeling so hot?' she asks in bewilderment, obviously notices my pink face. She helps me wipe the sweat away of my forehead.

'Thank... thank you.'

'No problem.'

She's so cute, so considerate, so nice, wearing the big smile all the time. She is licking her ice-cream happily now.

How come there is someone who can be satisfied just because of a strawberry ice-cream?

'Draco, your ice-cream is melting.' I lick my ice-cream quickly, blushing. What am I doing? Silly me! She just called me Draco...

'(Y/L/N)? Can I call you (Y/N)?' I ask tentatively.

'Why not?'

'Great. Nice to meet you, (Y/N).' I smirk.

'Draco?'

'(Y/N)?' We turn around and I see Father and Mother is standing next to a couple.

'Mum? Dad?' (Y/N) stands up and said to the couple. 'This is Draco.'

'I know.' the woman with black hair says, '"We just met Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy when we're buying your books. We're old schoolmates.'

'Good evening Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N)' I wave my hand and greet them politely.

'Nice to meet you, Draco.' Mrs Jones says, 'I think our Skye loves to spend her time with you.'

'See you at school, (Y/N).' I blush and say goodbye to the Jones, following my parents to home.