year 3 | possessiveness

I go to Hogsmeade with Neville as friends today. We're close and I think he somehow sees me more than a friend, but I only see him as a really good friend. He's just not my tea.

'Longbottom, going out with your girlfriend?' a voice drawls.

No wonder who would say this. It's Malfoy.

'She's not... not my girlfriend. We're only friends.' stammers Neville nervously.

'Only friends?' the arrogant boy with white-blond hair raises a brow and says. 'But it seems that you don't just see her as a friend, right?'

Neville's face reddens after the body guards of Malfoy snicker stupidly. Malfoy still doesn't stop teasing him.

'Longbottom, as what I said in our first year, if brains were gold, you are poorer than Weasley.' He scoffs. 'She will definitely choose Weasley from either of you two.'

'Can't you just stop, Malfoy?' I glare at the Slytherin and say, annoyed. 'Neville has the right to love a girl and who I will choose is my choice. I mean, it's none of your business, even if I love Neville back.

'Yea, yea.' Malfoy drawls lazily with a typical Slytherin smirk. 'By the way, Longbottom, Professor Snape asked you to hand in an extra essay about Deflating Draught on Monday.'

I think Neville is going to faint after hearing the bad news.

'Sorry, (Y/N)... I think I should go back to the castle and write the essay. I don't have much time...' Neville murmurs and dog rushes back to the castle.

'Stupid him, he did believe!' Malfoy suddenly claps his hand and howls with laughter. Crabbe and Goyle join him obtusely after a few seconds.

'Poor Neville...' I walk to him dangerously, picking my wand out from my pocket. 'How dare you...'

I point the slender wood at Malfoy while his gangs are cracking their knuckles, ready to punch me I guess. But their boss just waves his hand carelessly.

'Boys, go,' He smirks devilishly. 'Just leave her to me.'

The fat, dumb boys walk away as what the pale boy has said.

'Come on, hex me,' he says hoarsely. 'Do what you want to do a minute ago.'

However, I lower my wand, just glaring at him. He's not worth it.

He smirks. That foul prat smirks! HOW DARE HIM!

Not breaking the gaze, I grab his collar and warn him. 'Don't do this to him again.'

I didn't even notice how close we actually are until now. Our noses are only centimeters away. I feel my cheeks heat up because of the proximity between me and the stinking Slytherin.

He closers the distance between us and... kiss me.

What's the matter with him? Has he gone mad?

I pull away as quick as I can. I'm really shocked. I've never thought that my first kiss would be got by him, the bully at school, Draco Malfoy.

'What's the matter with you?'I wipe his saliva away with the back of my hand, disgusted about his behavior.

'Haven't you noticed that yet?' he replies huskily, looks serious. 'I'm in love with you. I can't help seeing that silly Longbottom being with you. I'm attracted to your beauty, both inside and outside. You're kind, loyal, brilliant... I know I don't deserve you, but can you give me a chance?'

'Funny.' I just can't believe what he has said.

'I'm not joking!' he squeezes my shoulders, almost hurt me. 'I'm serious. Okay, I admit that I was jealous when I saw you and Longbottom together. I can't let him get you. That's why I started teasing him, embarrass him since our first year. I've had a crush on you since the day I saw you sharing a compartment with him. I'm totally attracted by you.'

'Well...' I don't know how to reply him.

'I'm afraid that you will fall in love with other boys, especially Longbottom. You know, you two are really close to each other.'

'I just see him as a friend.'

'What about me? What do you think about me?'

'You're an annoying, frustrating little child. Nevertheless, you do have something attract me. You're intelligent, humorous, adorable...'

'Did you say you are attracted to me?'

'You did catch my eyes all the time. I don't know why I'm attracted by a guy like you.' I shake my head, admitting my feelings for him reluctantly.

'Do you mean you love me?'

He pulls me in and presses his lips against mine softly. It feels wonderful, the touch of his lips just sends me shiver and surges of heat flow throughout my body. I kiss him back as a reply of his question, passionately with my eyes closed. We break the kiss at last and he rubs his nose against mine playfully with a cute smile, still grabbing my shoulders.

'So, you're mine from now on.' he whispers, his smile wears off when he says the next sentence.

'Don't make me jealous again.'

I nod.

Draco Malfoy is definitely a possessive kid.