year 3 | hippogriff flight

You're having Care of Magical Creatures with Slytherin today. In the class, Hagrid asks you all pair up to have a flight with Buckbeak the hippogriff. Of course, everyone prefers sticking with their housemates. However, there are 11 Gryffindors, one of the Gryffindors has no choice but pair up with a slimy Slytherin.

You don't want the others to feel unhappy, therefore you decide to be the one who has to fly with a Slytherin. You sigh and wait the Slytherins finish their pairing. Draco Malfoy finds you are "dumped" by your Gryffindor friends and begins to tease you.

"(Y/L/N), dumped by your Gryffindors? No one from Slytherin will be your partners, you'd better have the flight with the servant,"

All Slytherins laugh.

"Malfoy, no Gryffindor want to pair up with your friends either and Hagrid isn't a servant," you said in a angry tone.

'Wow, our little (Y/L/N) is even more adorable when she's angry!' he teases which triggers laughter burst within the Slytherins. He then walks towards you and lifts your chin up with his fingers. His nose is only 2 inches away from yours. "Because I'm a nice guy, I think I have no choice - I'll let you be my partner. But only for once," he sneers.

"Thank you, Malfoy. By the way Malfoy, I didn't know your English is that bad until now. It seems that you misunderstood the meaning of the word 'nice'. I think the word 'loathsome' suits you better," you retort sarcastically and then take a step back from him, causing his hand to fall beside him. His grey eyes stare deeply into yours. A hint of pain and fury has been shown in the silver. It makes you feel bad about what you've just said. But you soon ignore the guilt as you think he's probably acting. Draco Malfoy is always the drama queen.

"Come 'ere all of ya" shouts Hagrid. The others hurries towards the half-giant when you're not paying attention and begin lagging behind. Someone sprints past you and hits your shoulder with so much force. It causes you to lose balance and drop your books on the damp soil. You sigh as you find your now dirty books. Then, someone offers you their pale hand. You take it before they help you stand on your feet again.

"Thanks," you mutter as you see the one who's helped you is no one but Malfoy.

 "Are you alright?" he smiles and asks genuinely with his hand still holding yours.

"Fine," you mumble, feeling your face has heated up.

"Good then," He said. You two walk together slowly and quietly, behind all the classmates. You enjoy the rare peace between the two of you and somehow don't want the walk to end. You suddenly have a thought that Malfoy is not that bad. At least for now, he is a nice person to walk with. You never want to admit it, you've actually have a crush on him since year 1, but he's too much of an arse, you just won't tell anyone.

"Oi, (Y/L/N)," he mutters.

'What? '

"Nothing, I just want to tell you that I think you are special,"

You stare at him with your mouth agape in shock. He's blushing. You can feel the hand holding yours has become sweaty before it loosens its grip and let your hand go.

"What do you think about me?" he quickly changes the subject turns his pink face away.

"Um... You're always an arse, but I reckon you're not as bad as everyone thinks, at least you just helped me without laughing at me," you answers truthfully.

"Hey ya two, come on. Our lesson has begun already!" yells Hagrid.

"Coming!" you yell back and hastily grab Malfoy's hand, dragging him towards your fellow classmates. You two run hand in hand and you have no idea that Malfoy is now smiling like an idiot behind you, totally enjoying the moment.

***

Hagrid teaches you all how to treat Hippogriffs. All they need is respect and patience before they let you get closer.

"Now ya all know how to treat a Hippogriff, the most exciting part begins! Flying with a hippogriff! (Y/N), yer the best in this class. Ya and yer partner can have the chance to fly with Buckbeak first," said Hagrid excitedly.

You smiles at the boy standing behind you. He grins back at you before you both step forward and bow simultaneously. Malfoy helps you straddle on Buckbeak's, then he follows. He now is sitting in front you.

"Well done!"Hagrid beams and claps his gigantic hands. Buckbeak flies into the sky. You wrap your arms around Malfoy's waist tightly subconsciously.

"(Y/L/N), you're holding me too tight! I almost can't breathe," he chuckles. You blush but keep hugging him because you're afraid of falling off. "Ha, finally I know what you're scared of. I have a way to help you forget the fear, do you wanna have a try?"

"Okay," you feel sick and don't want to talk much.

Malfoy cups your face with his hand and then leans in. His lips tentatively touch yours. You're shocked at first, but you decide to follow your instinct and kiss back afterwards. He pulls away but not too far, keeping his forehead on yours when Buckbeak is flying past the lake.

"Feel better?" he smirks.

"A lot better," you giggle.

"I once thought you hated me," his smile fades away as he said.

"Never, Draco," you sit up and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"I know, if you really hate me, you should've already kicked me off the Hippogriff after I kissed you," he laughs and turns around. "And did you just call me 'Draco'?"

"Yes, Draco,"

"My (Y/N), I really like you a lot and I never mean to hurt you physically or mentally. I just have to act like I hate you and your Gryffindor lots,"

"It's okay, I understand. I've had feelings for you since first year too," you smile.

He leans in and kisses you again but this time with more passion. You two pull away reluctantly when the flight nearly ends and before anyone can see.