year 3 | acrophobia

"Wow, you fly really well." I say to my fellow Slytherin.

"I know, I'm a natual." He drawls and smirks proudly.

"I hope I can fly as well as you, Draco. I hope I can play Quidditch." I say gloomily. "But flying and Quidditch are not for me."

"I disagree. The joy of flying and playing Quidditch is for all wizards."

"I don't even dare to mount a broomstick. I have acrophobia, you know..." I squeeze out a smile and shake my head.

"You should face your fear, (Y/N)." he braces himself with his Nimbus Two Thousand and One and says firmly.

I shake my head and refuse. I have tried to ride on a broom and left the ground a bit, but I almost fainted. It's not that easy to say I'm not afraid of height.

"Come on. You must get to try." He steps forward to me and grabs my wrist. "You would probably regret if you don't even try. Mount my broom now. I'll help you."

I nod and straddle it shakily.

"Good, (Y/N)," he says. He gets on the broom too, sitting behind me and gripping the wood with his arms wrapping around me. "Ready to take off?" he says cheerfully.

I nod, biting my lips.

"Say it, (Y/N),"

"I'm ready,"

"Louder!"

"I'm ready!" I nearly scream the words out.

I feel him kick the ground and my legs are lifting away the ground. I bow my head and see the stands next to pitch becomes smaller and smaller...

"Let me down! Draco, let me down!" Tears are forming in my eyes. I bite my lips and try my best to hold it. I don't want to cry in front of a boy.

"(Y/N), but -"

"Let me down!" tears begin to stream down my face.

"I'll let you down," He whispers.

He covers my eyes with one hand while still grasping the handle with the other. I'm sure that he knows I'm crying, but he doesn't say anything.

Despite seeing nothing, I guess we are sprinting down now as the wind beating my face furiously. I feel much better when I can't see anything. 1, 2, 3 - I count inwardly. We're supposed to get back to the ground... Possibly, we're not descending but ascending...

Knowing we're going up, I'm not fear actually. I feel safe while his arm somehow around me and a hand covering my eyes.

"Draco... Are we going up?" to confirm my speculation, I turn my head around a bit, although can't see him in fact.

"Nice guess, (Y/N)." I know he is smirking now. "Not feeling scared at all this time?"

"It's much better when it's around you." I smile.

"So, you should pay me for that."

Before I ask him how, I feel something soft brushes against my lips and a hand holds my waist gently while my eyes are still being covered. He's too confident of his flying skills, not even holding the handle. I kiss him back gently and leaving a hand from the handle and touch his face with it. We kiss more passionately and my hand moves upwards, brushing his bangs away. His hair feels really good, as soft as babies' and I'm probably addicted to ruffling his white-blond. Not knowing when he has taken away his palm which is originally on my eyes, I open my eyes and see his handsome face and his icy grey eyes.

"You seem to have overcome your acrophobia." He picks my nose playfully after pulling away.

I find both of my hands are not grabbing the wood now, but cupping his cheek.

"I think so." I smile.

"Look."

I turn around. It's the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen. I watch with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sinks beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens orange. It's different to watch in the sky, above the sun.

So, we're at the right place at the right time with the right companion.