year 4 | yule ball

(Draco's POV)

'Draco, who are you going to invite to the Yule Ball?' Theo asks.

'Dunno.' I mutter.

I look across the table and see a pretty girl sitting at the Gryffindor table. I can't leave my eyes from her. She is drinking pumpkin juice, now she puts down the goblet and licks her lips with her tongue.

'How about Pansy? She desperately wants to go with you! She asks me to asks you to invite her today for about 5 times!' he says carelessly.

'I think I'm not going with her.' I drawl, still staring at the girl.

'Who are you going to invite then?' Blaise asks, raising his brow.

'(Y/N) (Y/L/N).'

'You're sure? That Gryffindor?' Theo says hoarsely, jaw-dropping. 'I'm sure she is invited by someone else. What do you think, Blaise? Don't you think she's good looking?'

'I wouldn't touch a filthy blood traitor like her whatever she looked like.' Blaise says, without any emotion.

That's true. She's a filthy blood traitor. She's a friend of Hermione Granger, a friend of Weasel-bee and a friend of Scarhead, our champion.

She must be invited by Scarhead. I actually have no chance. But why I want to go with her? Just because she's good looking so I can become the focus of the ball?

Possibly.

'Crabbe, who are you going with?' 'Goyle. We're actually not going to dance.'

'Obviously.'

I don't have the courage to ask her to go to the ball with me, so I go with Pansy instead. Theo and Blaise tease me because of this.

'So, you end up with Pansy instead of (Y/L/N)?' Theo whispers in my ear.

'Shut up.' I hiss, frowning.

'Go to ask her to dance with you if you are a man.'

'Don't blink.' I sneer.

I walk to (Y/S), who is wearing red dress robes and her hair is tied in an elegant knot at the back of her head. She is now sitting next to the chosen champion and his pensioner.

'What do you want, Malfoy?' Weasel hisses and stands up.

I ignore him. I bow and offer a hand to (Y/L/N). 'Would you like to dance with me?'

'Who will want to dance with you, ferret?'

'If no one wants to dance with me, then no one wants to even sit next to you.' I scoff.

'Ron, he's not worth it.' (Y/L/N) says, grabbing Weasel's hand. 'Um, Malfoy, can you leave us alone?'

'Not until you dance with me.' I smirk.

She can't help but take my hand. 'I'll be Okay, Ron. Don't worry.' she reassures her friends.

I take her to the centre of the ball room.

'You're gorgeous.' I whisper in her ear.

'Err... Thanks.' I can tell she is blushing now.

I put my hand on her waist and she puts hers on my shoulder. And we dance.

'Actually, Malfoy, what do you want from me?' she asks, looking in my eyes.

'Nothing. I only want to dance with you.' I whisper.

'Why?' she raises her brow.

I let her hand go and lift her chin, leaning closer. Now we're only inches away each other and I guide her spin with me together quickly.

She bites her lips.

What's the taste of her lips? Is it like Pansy's ones?

I peck on her lips. They're soft and the taste is like strawberry.

'It's quite obviously, isn't it? I think I love you.' I whisper, barely brush my lips against her ear. 'Can you be my girlfriend?'

She nods and smiles. 'I love to.'

Then I drag her to the courtyard. We sits on a bench.

'It's snowing.' she says happily, looking at the sky.

'Yea.' I look at her rather than the sky. I take off my coat and wrap it around her.

'Thanks. I never know you're so thoughtful.' 'It depends. If you are (Y/L/N), I'll treat you very well. And you'll become the luckiest girl in the world.'

She rolls her eyes, 'We'll know if it's true.'

I pick her nose playfully and press my lips against hers. We share our first kiss. Hers is unlike Pansy's one, not forceful and rough. It's gentle but passionate.

She is much better than Pansy, who is far more than a bitch. She is much prettier, nicer, more considerate, more desirable, more lovable...