Shadow Travel

Nico POV

------------------------

This sucks. Why did anyone think that it would be a good idea to send me to go rob a pharmacy? And now, I'm sitting in a holding cell while they try and get information on me, which I know they won't considering, one, I was born in Italy and two I was born in 1942. Hopefully, they'll figure out that I failed and come to get me.

"Psst!" I jerk my head around, looking for the source of the sound. I guess that it must be my imagination and go back to sulking. "PSSSSSTTTTT!" This time I can tell it's coming from above my head and I look up, after checking to make sure nobody is watching. A warm, brown face scowls down at me through the air vent.

"Chey?" I whisper in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"Breaking you out, you dumbass," came her irate reply. "Now listen. Leo's going to lower me down on a rope and we'll pull you up here and we'll escape. Simple enough, even for you." I frown at her. I hear the grate creak and see the screws come out. "Catch the screws!" The first, then the second and third screws fall down. But on the fourth, I miss and it clinks to the floor. We all freeze. A security guard peeks his head into my cell and I quickly sit down and look as irritable as I can, all the time praying that the security guard doesn't see that the screws are missing from the grate and Leo's fingers holding it in place. The guard just shrugs and walks away.

"You had one job!" Leo hisses, after pulling the grate up.

"Sorry!" I sneer. "You try catching miniscule screws!"

"I have!" Leo retorts. "And it's not that hard."

"Quit arguing!" I hear Chey's voice whisper. "Now scoot Leo!" I hear scuffling and finally, Chey's head pops through the grate, her hair pulled up out of her face. She's giggling at me. I've never seen her giggle before, and I can't help but notice how cute she is when she is. Her dark eyes are glittering like dark stones and her lips are quirked up in a mischievous smile. But I quickly shake myself out of it. I have a perfectly pretty girlfriend, who I really like a lot.

Chey holds out her hands for me to grab, which I do so. Her hands are strong, yet soft and they grip mine with fierce accuracy. Slowly, Leo pulls both of us up, probably using a machine to do so. Finally, I go up through the grate and find myself face to face with Chey.

"Okay, Leo, pull me through," Chey whispers over her shoulder. Chey's body begins to move backwards until we reach an intersection in the grate. Turns out, Leo did not use a machine. Single file, we move slowly through the grate. And that's when things went wrong. The grate creaks, and squeaks. We fall through the ceiling.

"Oh, s---!" Leo curses as we fall. Chey is nothing but a torrent of foul language, but I've rarely heard Leo curse. Luckily, the ceiling is pretty low, so we only fall a few feet, but still. Ow.

The entire police station is staring at the three teenagers (one of whom just tried to rob a pharmacy) who dropped from the ceiling.

"Run!" Leo yells, grabbing mine and Chey's wrists. We sprint for the exits before the guards can even think what happened.

Behind me, I hear a call of, "That emo kid escaped!"

"I'm not emo!" I protest indignantly as we run.

"Keep telling yourself that Ghost Boy," Chey replies. Leo snorts into his hand. I glare at the both of them. I can hear the police sirens getting closer and closer, so I do what any normal person would do. I grab everyone and shadow travel away.

Like usual, it's cold and there's a screaming sound and then we pop out at the camp. Immediately, I feel weak at the knees and collapse. Everything goes black.

--------------------------

No fourth wall break! That'll be in the next chapter, because I'm posting three at once.