The Singing Curse

Leo POV

--------------------

I tell you, trying to find a place to park in Alpharetta is near impossible. Eventually, we land in the parking lot of a Restoration Church Merrily knew of. Luckily, it was a Monday, so no one was there. By the time we landed, everyone was hungry and irritable (particularly Chey), so Nico suggested McDonald's, protested only by Abigail, until Merrily mentioned that they do have salads.

The walk took approximately eighteen minutes, and most of us were hot and sweaty. It was around three in the afternoon by the time we all sat down with our food.

"So, where is your grandmother's house?" Chey asks, popping a fry into her mouth.

"It's behind that stone castle down the road," Merrily explains. "If my grandmother is home, it shouldn't be too bad. She was always nice to me."

"Really?" Nico asks warily. "That sounds great." I think it does too, considering our track record with our relatives (or girlfriends). Suddenly, Ryan, who had been snoring away on the table, quickly shootsup, blinking rapidly. Almost immediately though, he covers his eyes and groans.

"Why is everything so bright?" he moans. Abigail, Chey and Merrily all giggle. "What's so funny?" Ryan asks irritably. "My head hurting is not funny."

"You were drunk," Chey explains between laughs. "Apparently, Mr. D's goblet had a tiny spell on it."

"Stop laughing," Ryan scowls, glaring at us from between his fingers. "My head hurts."

"So you've said," Merrily drawls. Everyone else laughs loudly (except me and Nico) causing Ryan to hold his head in his hands.

"Stop...." Ryan mumbles.

"You are going to have a long and painful hangover young man," Abigail grins. Ryan groans again.

"I'll go get him a cup of water," I offer. I quickly stand up and Chey hands me a couple of dollars. Stolen probably.

As I'm standing in line and move over to the water I think about Merrily. I seriously need to stop. This is becoming a problem. Wait. Does thinking about thinking about Merrily count as thinking about Merrily? I wonder.... and anyway, thinking about Merrily isn't going to do me any good. I mean, she's got the perfect boyfriend who really likes her and only has nightmares occasionally. Or maybe every night, but he doesn't throw wrenches at her head because he can't sleep. Gods I'm pathetic.

Someone nudges me. "Um.... your cup...." The elderly man points to my cup, which is currently overflowing with water.

"Shit," I mutter as I yank the cup from the dispenser, sloshing some on my shirt. I chance a look at my table. I don't think they even realized I was gone. I hurry back anyway and hand the cup of water to Ryan, right as my wrists start to sting from the cold water.

".... so we'll leave in five minutes then," Nico is saying. This is fine by me.

Five minutes later we're leaving McDonalds and another five minutes later we are walking up the front drive to a nice house.

"Technically we're not going to her house house. Usually, she lives at home but she always visits my aunt at the same time every year, and my home is wherever she is," Merrily explains, a little stiffly. Soon, we're at the front door, lined up in twos. Me and Merrily first, then Chey and Nico and then Abigail and Ryan, who's back to carrying Taylor.

"Hurry up!" Ryan wails from the back. "Taylor's giving me a headache!"

"It's not my fault you had a baby," Merrily snaps. She then looks worriedly at me, and I give her a half smile. She knocks on the door. I can hear pounding footsteps. The door is thrown open and an elderly woman (not too elderly actually) stands at the door with a ton of blonde haired and blue eyed adults and children.