The Real Merrily

Dear readers,

Hi! I'm the real Merrily. My amazing best friend CheyPaigefanfic started this story last year when we were bored in Physical Science class. She passed me a mostly crumpled piece of paper with the phrase: "I kind of want to write a Percy Jackson fanfic." I wrote "YES YES YES" and I slapped her arm repeatedly till she wrote back. This was the beginning of something we never expected to come this far! She passed the paper back with "What should the main character's name be?". I wrote "IDK" with my purple pencil? That's still my favorite till this day. She then suggested the character be not just named after me, but just like me. I was so touched!

The story just kind of blossomed from there. From random notebooks to writing in dry-erase marker on the table to long texts, we brought this story together! CheyPaigefanfic put our ideas into words, and she did an INCREDIBLE job. I would beg her to write, and I still do. She is my best friend, and her stories have helped me through some of the hardest times of my life. What y'all don't know is she is beautiful, kind, funny, loyal, compassionate, smart, and creative (y' all know this one).

I just want to thank everyone who has read this story. You guys have made writing this story worth while. CheyPaigefanfic put her heart, blood, sweat, money, and tears into this story, and you readers are why! We love you all so much. We hope you loved this story as much as we did writing it!

Love,
♥️♥️♥️The real Merrily