They're back!

Abigail POV

Warning: Touchy stuff

--------------------

Ryan and I were walking near the edge of the forest, during the rare times when Taylor was being watched by David or Chey. His arm was resting near my waist, but not quite on it, in respect for my feelings. Yet, I couldn't help but stiffen slightly at the touch. Obviously, Ryan noticed and moved his arm around my shoulders, not mentioning anything. 

Ever since that one night, he's been a lot more careful about everything. While it makes me feel slightly guilty, that I can't be like every other girlfriend, it's nice to know he cares.

*flashback Ryan's POV*

Having a baby is like majorly hard. Now I'm not talking, climbing the lava wall hard; no, this is arguing with Merrily hard. This means periodic checks on Taylor every night, at least for now. We'll probably move back to our separate cabins after a week or two. This arrangement is just for Taylor's sake. Abigail and I sleep in separate rooms in the big house, just in case and Taylor's room is on the other side of Abigail's so I have to walk past her bed to get to Taylor.

I guess I was seriously sleepy or something because as I'm walking by her bed, I figure it's okay to just brush her side, just to feel her warmth (I mean, we're dating, this is okay) and almost instantly she screams and sits straight up and there's a knife at my throat.

"Huh?" I stutter nervously. "It's just me, Ryan, what's wrong?" And Abigail just starts sobbing.

"Oh gods, c' mere, it's okay, I'm so sorry for scaring you," I soothe. Abigail buries her face in my shirt and just sobs for a solid five minutes and the whole time I just rub her back and kiss the top of her head, breathing in her strawberry shampoo.

When she stops, she sniffles a little and looks away. "I'm sorry," she croaks. "I'm fine, it's nothing."

"It's not fine," I insist. "Something is obviously wrong and I'm not letting you go until you tell me."

"I-It's nothing," Abigail stutters. "You'll hate me."

"Listen, you could murder someone and I would still love you." I pause. Love. I've never really used that word before, but then I realize that I do truly love this woman.

Abigail pauses. It was clear that she didn't want to talk at all, and I was about to tell her that she didn't have to say anything when she started talking. "It started when I was eight," she begins quietly. "It was when I started to move past the adorable phase and into pretty. My dad noticed and saw a way to make money. One night, a week after my eighth birthday, he told me I was going somewhere special. He said that it would only hurt a little, but I'd be helping him out. I was young and naive. I trusted him. I didn't know the difference between right and wrong.

So he put me in a pretty dress and did my hair up nice and took me into the city. A forty-something man met us there. My dad said that I was going to go home with him and spend the night and make sure to collect the money. I trusted him. So I went. The man was nice at first. He hugged me and then..." Her voice cracked. I don't dare to say anything. "He started touching me.... in places I shouldn't have been touched at that age. I don't remember much after that. Just so much pain. I was so sore the next morning and the man came back, dressed me, shoved some money into my hand and then my dad came to pick me up.

After that, I did the same thing almost every night." Abigail was sobbing now. "That was why I left. I ran away and came here. I'm so sorry!" she sobs. "I'm disgusting, I can't believe I even... I don't deserve you, I don't deserve Merrily or Chey or any of you guys!" Abigail shoves me away and cries into her hands, shoulders shaking.

Abigail POV
———————

Why would I tell him that? He'll hate me now! I know what I am. I'm a prostitute.

As I'm crying, a pair of warm, gentle arms wrap themselves around me.

"Abigail, I don't hate you," Ryan whispers to me gently. "I love you for you and everything you are. Your dad is the one to blame for that. That wasn't you. You is the person who practically set up Merrily and Leo. You is the person who always is there to help. You is the person who can shoot a mean bow and arrow. You is the person who's always prepared to take care of if Taylor. You is the wonderful woman I love."

With that, I feel Ryan's soft fingers tilt my chin up and his lips touch mine. It's nothing like anything I've ever felt before. It's pure and clean. And suddenly I know: this is what love is supposed to be. Love isn't what those men told me. Love is patient. Love is gentle. Love is Ryan.

*End flashback*

My entire body warms up at the memory and I snuggle closer to Ryan. That's when the bushes rustle and a very hassled and dirty Merrily falls out.

"Finally!" she breathes. 

"Merrily?" I ask. 

"And Leo!" A voice calls through the bushes. That's when my breath catches in my throat. Leo is now a little bit over six feet tall, and it seems he got a haircut. It's similar to Shawn Mendes, but way curlier. Most of the boys have gone through growth spurts too, but Nico only grew like an inch, same as Ryan and now David is about Leo's height. In addition to Leo, a blonde boy, around Leo's height, stumbles out as well. I can only assume it's the mysterious Requis. 

"Welcome back you two," Ryan smirks. "I take it you had a good vacation."

"Oh yeah," Merrily agrees, shifting her backpack. "And you'll never guess, but Leo got glasses."

"No way!" Leo grimaces in embarrassment. Requis snickers.

"My eyesight isn't that bad," he complains. Ryan and I exchange glances and laugh. Ryan slings an arm around Leo and I hug Merrily. 

"Come on!" I squeal. "We've got to set up Chey and Nico now!"

"Oh my gosh, yes!" Merrily gushes. "Although, it could have some side effects."

"Side effects, shnife deddects," Ryan says lazily. "We'll help, won't we Leo?"

"Duh!" I grin happily. My friends are all back together.

-------------------------

I updated! Yay! And on PSAT day too! I consider that an accomplishment considering I've been out of the house for a solid eleven-to-twelve hours. Anyway, I hoped you guys liked that chapter. I've actually had the flashback part written for quite a while now, so this wasn't an in-the-moment thing, like a lot of stuff, although please let me know what you thought!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll see you guys next chapter!!

*breaks fourth wall*

Abigail: I suppose it's my turn now.

Me: Don't worry, that'll be it for you for a while. 

Abigail: Wait... who gets the attention now?

Me: *smirks evilly at Leo*

Leo: Oh no, what are you going to do?

Me: Bring in a blast from the past. You might know them as *******

Leo: NO

Me: YES

David: I'm late, what's happening?

Leo: She's bringing back--

Me: *covers mouth with hand*

Leo: *licks hand*

Me: You are disgusting. 

Leo: It's a talent.

David: Guys, what's going on?

Me: Just do your job.

David: What if I don't wanna? HUh?

Nico: Then I'll do it. CheyPa-

David: igeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO. HA!

Nico: I'm going to kill you.

Me: No killing in the sound booth!

Nico: *draws sword* TRY ME

David: *screams*

Me: *roars*

Nico: *screams*

*loud computer-generated duck noises*

Abigail: Is this normal?

Merrily: Unfortunately, yes. *turns to face camera* Please vote and comment!