Sombrero Llama

Leo POV

--------------------------

We land in an open field near Chey's house. It's only a five minute walk and we can see her house from where we are. It's a white farmhouse with a small red barn in the back. This time, Chey and Nico lead the way. Chey is closing and opening her fists repeatedly and muttering to herself. 

We climb the stairs and Chey knocks on the door. A dark haired middle aged woman answers the door. Immediately her face turns to disgust.

"What are you doing here, you disgrace?" the lady snarls.

"Just wondering if you've seen anything unusual, and could we come in?" Chey replies calmly.

"And why would I let you in, after what you did?"

"It wasn't like I robbed a bank or anything—" Merrily coughs suggestively, "—and I just want to have a look at my old room to pick something up!"

"Fine, but good luck getting in," her mother sneers. "It's got a triple dead-bolt lock on it." Chey scoffs and pushes her way past the lady and into the house. The house was actually pretty homey and nice. A young boy of about ten is watching TV on the floor. But we didn't get to look at any of it for very long, because Chey hustles us through the living room pretty fast. We hurry down a hallway and stop at a door that has indeed been triple locked.

Chey doesn't seem fazed though, and just pulls a hairpin from her pocket and takes about two minutes to bypass all the locks. She pushes the door open.

The room is pretty small. It didn't look like the room had been renovated or updated since Chey was about five. There were a few things that had obviously been changed (the bedspread was a light purple and the desk was for a teenager) but there were butterflies on the wall and the walls were a princess pink. But there was no brush.

Chey sighed in relief and grabbed a white jean jacket and a messenger bag and left. She lingered for only a moment.

We were almost out of the house when a man stops us.

"What do you think you're doing back here?" he demands

"I told Mom, I'm picking up a few things Charles," Chey sneers.

The man raised his hand and slaps her. "Don't back talk me young lady," he roared. "Ungrateful brat!"

"Don't touch me!" Chey screams angrily. "And all I did was answer you f——- question!"

"Don't use that language around me!" Charles yells. "Get out now!"

"Finally, the first thing you've said that's made any sense!" Chey yells right back. "Good riddance!" She flips the man off, steps over a shocked ten year old boy and leaves, almost slamming the door in poor Ryan's face.

We follow Chey across the street to the small farm.

"Why are we here?" Nico asks.

"Obviously the brush wasn't there!" Chey practically screams at him.

"Easy, Chey," Merrily soothes. "He just asked a question." Merrily, bless her heart, tried to pat her shoulder, but Chey pushes the hand off and hurries into the barn.

The barn doors are wide open, but I guess business was pretty slow because there were only a few farm hands around and a fairly short lady with a straw hat and overalls with a flowered shirt on.

"Connie?" Chey asks in disbelief. The lady turned around. She was Asian-American, with dark, silky brown hair and pretty brown eyes.

"Chey!" Connie exclaims. "What are you doing here?" Connie reaches forward and gives Chey a huge hug, and to everyone's surprise, Chey hugs her back.

"I wanted to ask a question," Chey proceeds happily, a giant grin on her face. "Has anything weird been happening lately?" Connie taps her nose.

"Kenzi, the llama," she says finally. "She won't let anyone get near her. She's been out in the pastures for weeks now."

"Poor Kenzi," Chey frowns. "Can me and my friends go have a look at her?"

"Sure," Connie agrees. "Maybe all six of you can corner her."

Chey grins really big again. I exchange a glance with Nico, who shrugs. Connie takes us out into a fairly big pasture.

"There she is," Connie says. She points to a blonde llama with a sombrero on its head.

"She's still got her sombrero?" Chey asks.

"Yep!" Connie replies happily, her Southern accent becoming more prominent.

"Why does the llama have a sombrero?" I ask.

"Because the llama wants a sombrero," Chey deadpans back. "Come on." Connie leaves and goes back into the barn.

"Let's catch that llama!" Merrily shouts. And we all take off running to go catch the llama in the sombrero.

Catching a llama in a sombrero is extremely hard. Even when we tempted Kenzi with treats, nothing. Finally, we managed a circle around it, when Merrily locks eyes with me and points down. I look at the llama's stomach and there it is. Aphrodite's brush.

Merrily makes the leap and latches onto the llama, and attempts to grab the brush. The llama named Kenzi with the sombrero doesn't like this and takes off with poor Merrily on her back.

"Merrily!" Nico and I shout in unison and race after her. Chey is directly in front of Kenzi and holds out her hands.

"Stop!" she says firmly. The llama comes to a sharp stop and Merrily goes flying. Chey doesn't blink an eye. Nico goes to help Merrily up, because he is out of Kenzi's line of vision.

Meanwhile, Chey is inching towards the llama.

"That's it Kenzi," Chey soothes. "I just want to get that brush, okay?"

Chey lunges towards Kenzi right as the llama tries to run away. A bright light emits from Chey's hand and we all turn away.

----------------------------------

IMSORRYIMSORRYIMSORRY!!!! There's not really an excuse, but I haven't been on Wattled but I've been writing, so there's another chapter coming up. This one was definitely short, but I do have a few questions for you all. 

1. What do you want to see happen in the rest of the book?

2. Favorite character and why?

3. What ships in the group do you want to see?

4. What original Rick Riordan characters do you want to see?

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry for not updating. 

Merrily: What's you excuse?

Me: My mom's computer isn't working very well?

Leo: That's no excuse. 

Me: What do you know?

Leo: A lot!

Nico: Ha, no you don't!

David: I know more than all of you guys, why? Because I'm--

Everyone: DEAD

Abigail: Wait that doesn't make any sense.

David: It doesn't have to because I'm--

Me: Just do the disclaimer David!

David: Fine. CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO.

Me: About time!

Nico: Next time you need to write a longer chapter.

Me: Maybe you should write it next time!

Nico: Is that a challenge?

Me: MAYBE IT IS!!!

Nico: LETS GO!

Merrily: Please vote and comment.