Living

3rd Person

Leo flew faster on Festus than he'd ever flown before. He couldn't believe he'd been so blind. Merrily and everyone had been right all along and Calypso had been lying to him the entire time. Leo had no idea how he planned to make it up to her, but he did know he had to try because he couldn't live without her.  He soared over the treetops, searching endlessly for the camp of the Hunters. Worry slowly built up in his throat. But then, if Merrily didn't forgive him and the Hunters killed him, he would die anyway. He didn't care if they castrated him for coming, to be fully honest. Finally, he spotted the silver tents in the distance. He urged Festus into a descent about half a mile from the camp. Hopefully, they didn't come looking for him. 

After landing, he ran through the forest. In barely ten minutes, he arrived at the outskirts of the forest. In the center of the camp, Merrily was in the process of making the vow. 

"Merrily, please don't!" Leo cried leaping into the camp, with no regard for his own safety. 

"A male!" Phoebe growled, stepping forward. I don't flinch. 

"Leo?" Merrily's head whips to face him, eyes blazing with fury. I want to freeze, but I keep my head.

"Wait," Artemis says, placing a calming hand on Phoebe's shoulder. "Let him speak."

"Thank you!" Leo breathed. "Listen I just want to talk to Merrily before she does anything."

"I don't want to talk to you," Merrily scowled.

"Please!" Leo begged desperately. "If I can't convince you, I'll let you go on your way."

Merrily glared at me and considered my request. Which I loved because I got to look at her eyes longer. Who knew if I'd ever get to see them again? "Fine," she relented. "You have five minutes."
Leo inwardly sighed with relief. They hurried into the forest and I turned to face her.

"Merrily, I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry but I know sorry won't cover it. I'm so upset I didn't come to my senses sooner and see that I love Calypso—"

"Gee thanks," Merrily scowled. 

"Can I finish?" Leo asked. "If you keep interrupting me it won't be as poetic."

"Go on."

"Anyway," Leo said. "As I was saying. I'm upset I didn't see that I love Calypso, but you're the one who makes me truly happy. You're the one who lights up my day and makes me want to stay here. Stay up above. Your eyes, they suck me in and... I just don't have any words for what they do for me. What you do for me! Merrily, not only do I want you, I need you! I can't live without you. If you left, I wouldn't know what to do with myself except die. So please, please, forgive me! Come back with me." Here Leo got down on one knee and took her hand and looked Merrily directly in the eye. "Merrily Evans. I love you. I will always love you. And I swear on the Styx and the ends of the world, that I will never stop loving you." And he kissed Merrily's hand and waited for her reply. Merrily was stunned. She wanted so badly to be furious with him, but she looked down into his deep brown eyes, with the red speckles she believed only she could see. And somehow, even though this boy—this absolutely infuriating boy—had broken her heart into little pieces, she found she couldn't live without Leo either.

------------------

Not a long chapter, but hopefully the ending people wanted. *glares at Aphrodite cabin*

Lacy: What? Now that Percabeth and Jiper are together, we have to get a new OTP!

Me: *sighs* Well, there's still more to come. It's not going to be that easy.

Lacy: WHAT?? They're together! What more could possibly happen?

Me: *smiles mischievously*

David: *knocks down door* You shouldn't have asked that.

Me: MUAHAHAHAHA

Merrily: It's not going to be too awful I hope...

Me: No, since the book is coming to an end. But I need just a tad more drama.

Everyone: *groans*

Me: Yeah, yeah, whatever. David?

David: CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO.

Me: Thank you. And-- *stares directly at the camera while commercial music plays in the background* Don't forget to check out my new short story "Gone"!

Merrily *also staring at the camera*: Wow! What's it about?

Me: You'll have to read it and find out for yourself!

*cue cheesy smile and thumbs up*

Lacy: What are you doing?

Me: Nothing!

Merrily: Please vote and comment!