Beach Talks

Nico POV

-----------------------

I sigh to myself and check the time with Will. It's ten minutes to three and I'm supposed to be meeting Merrily and friends at the beach. I consider just ditching, but I have a feeling that Merrily will be upset if I did. 

Over Christmas, I definitely let myself go. Will tried to help, he did, but I just was not feeling very happy at all. I brought it on myself, though, so there's no one to blame but me. I shift my bangs out of my face and wrap my jacket around my waist and set off for the beach, my sword hitting my leg with every step. When I get there, not everyone has arrived; it's only Merrily and Abigail. 

"Hi, Nico!" Merrily chirps brightly. I narrow my eyes. The last time she was that perky, Leo's clothes had all been burned on the beach. 

"Hey Merrily," I mumble. "Am I early?"

"No, everyone else is late," she says, scowling at camp. 

"Chey and David are probably planning on being fashionably late," Abigail informs us. "I wouldn't put it past them."

"Are they like best friends now or something?" I ask. 

"Not exactly," Merrily replies. "Ever since David got back, he got like ten times nicer so, he and Chey are more or less partners in crime."

"That's mildly terrifying," I say blandly. "What about Ryan though?" Usually, he and Chey run the show, now that Travis is in college.

"He's kinda busy with Taylor these days," Abigail explains. "Speak of the devil, here he comes now." We turn and see Ryan sauntering down the beach with Taylor balanced precariously on his hip, Leo not far behind.

"Sorry I'm late!" he apologizes cheerfully. "Taylor decided to take a dump right as I was leaving and Damien White stole my diaper bag."

"That's fair," Merrily shrugs and leans into Leo, who wraps his arm around her waist."Do you know where Chey and David are by any chance?" 

"Uh, last time I saw them, they were arguing with Malcolm at the camp store." Merrily huffs in indignation, but she doesn't have to wait long to get her anger out. Chey and David sprint up to our group, practically running Abigail and myself over in the process.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I scowl. Chey immaturely sticks her tongue out at me and I flip her off. Chey's outfit had completely changed from this morning. Her usually bushy hair was straightened and she was wearing jeans with purple swirls on it and a light purple shirt with a cropped jean jacket. It was very Chey (besides the hair), and she looked really good. 

"You're staring," Abigail whispers teasingly. 

I quickly avert my eyes and turn to the daughter of Aphrodite. "I wasn't staring."

"Yeah you were, you were totally checking her out," she smirks. I can feel my cheeks heating up. This is not okay. I should not be dating my ex-girlfriend's best friend. Why did I even come?

"Nico? Nico??" Chey's voice snaps me from my thoughts. 

"Huh?"

"I asked you whether you liked anyone," Chey repeats slowly. Just great. Did I like anyone? 

"Um, I don't know," I reply, maybe not so truthfully. 

"That was a yes or no question di Angelo," Chey smirks. "And judging by your face, I'd say it's a yes!" Chey smiles at me triumphantly. 

"Well do you like anyone?" I demand irritably, turning the question back on her. 

"No," Chey replies evenly. But I catch her eyes dart to the left. 

"Liar."

"Prove it!" she challenged. 

"You looked to the left!" I argue my voice cracking at the end. 

"That doesn't prove anything!" Chey shouts back. By now, we're shouting in each other's faces and our noses are practically touching. Her brown eyes are glittering with anger and her brown cheeks are slightly flushed as she looks angrily up at me. Fueled by irrational thinking due to my unbalanced emotions, I don't necessarily think about what I do next. I lean down and press my lips to hers. Chey stiffens up at first, and she pulls away and stares at me for half a second, before leaning in and kissing me back. Her full lips are a warm contrast to mine and an electric feeling jolts up my back. We kiss for a few more seconds before breaking away. 

"I really, really like you," Chey admits breathlessly. Instead of looking angry and firey, she looks quite shy. 

"Lucky, I like you too," I smile. I offer her my arm and she playfull loops her own through mine and we walk back to camp, ignoring our giggling friends on the way.

--------------------------------------

So, because that was a short chapter, I have a funny story that happened today. So I'm chilling in study hall and then practically my entire class comes out from their History class coughing and hacking. Obviously, I'm confused. Turns out, my friend sprayed pepper spray in the trash can which caused everyone to start coughing and sniffling uncontrollably. No one has let it go yet and it's been about an hour now. I started coughing for a little while as well, and we think it's the residue from when my class came out. Luckily, the principal was pretty cool about the whole thing and made a joke about it. We all think it's hilarious. 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and thanks to the people that have been sticking with this story and my very irregular updates!

*breaks fourth wall*

Abigail: OOOOO TEA!

Me: *giggles* I've been waiting to write that chapter forever!

Nico: *is silent*

Ryan: You good man?

Nico: I don't know...

Me: Ah, now that the Chico fluff is out of the way, I wanted to end on a high note, so the cliffhanger is the next chapter!

Merrily: *bursts through door* WHY

Me: 'Cause.

Merrily: *brings out dagger* not a good enough excuse.

Me: Chill! Can someone do the disclaimer? 

Merrily: Don't tell me to chill!!!!

Leo: Oh oh! Me!

David: Not a chance! I'm not giving up my spot for anything!

Leo: This is so unfair.

Me: I think you might want a break, considering what's coming next. 

Leo: *death glares*

Merrily: You wanna get her?

Leo: Yes.

Me: *whimpers*

David: CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO.

Leo: ATTACK!

Merrily: *screeches and waves daggers*

Me: *screams*

Me: STOP! Merrily you have a job!

Merrily: *over her shoulder* PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

Me: *runs away*