Guess who?

Leo POV

--------------------

I scowl down at my oil covered hands. I can't think of anything to make right now and it's driving me crazy. Of course, someone would probably have something for me to do, but no one's bothered to come and find me. It's been a week since I last left Bunker Nine, besides leading my cabin in activities and a week since the Olympus visit and since we found out David would be coming back.  As a matter of fact, he should be back today.

My hands are trembling from the blood loss and my wrists are stinging. I remember something one of my therapists from my youth once told me. I'd never tried it, but now was a good time as any. I sat down on my makeshift cot, legs crossed and closed my eyes. Mrs. Spencer said that I was supposed to clear my mind, but it was moving too fast for that. 

Instead, I thought about the last year, starting with Calypso. I had just liberated her from Ogygia and everything was going great. After we'd left the island behind us and my GPS had started working, thunder boomed and the lightning cracked. Unfortunately, we were in the middle of the ocean, despite the fact that my GPS still worked (I am still a demigod; I don't need satellite) so we couldn't land. It was then when we were both frantically looking for land, a huge arc of lighting came down. When I came to, we were both lying on an abandoned coast of Italy. I was alive. She wasn't. Poseidon and Hephaestus must have taken pity on the both of us because Calypso had washed up next to me and Festus was more or less unharmed and dry.  It still hurt, though, and when I finally got back to camp, everyone showed pity for about three days. Annabeth just scowled at me, and everyone just left the subject... and me... alone. 

About ten months after that, Chiron sent Nico and I to go pick up Merrily because this called for a quick exit and not a long stay (like what a satyr would do). Obviously, I didn't like Merrily very much at first. Well, I liked her, but I didn't like like her. Nico did. I could tell. Then that little feeling of jealousy crept in. Of course, I tried to nip it in the bud as soon as I found out about it (that coupled with Percy's threat) by going on the hunt for more half-bloods that summer, but it did no good because right after that the quest came along. Now that sucked.

Along with my heart being broken, Chey's got broken as well (what with the discovery of Josh cheating on her). She pushed it aside right then since they were on a life-threatening quest, but now that we were back, she blatantly refuses to speak to anyone besides Ryan or Merrily. Not to mention, her feelings for Nico came on really strong, but she did pull me aside a little while ago to let me know that she's over him. I don't know how that's going to work out. 

On top of all of that, David's coming back, I've eaten all of a slice and a half of pizza and an apple in the past two weeks (mostly coffee and water) and I haven't been out of this place in half that time all while slicing my wrists open almost every day. It's been peachy! But who would care about little old me?

A sudden sharp knock startles me out of my "meditating" and I go to answer it. I blink at the sudden light and my eyes refocus to see Grover Underwood. I don't know the guy all that well, but it seems like everyone at the camp knows his name, at least. 

"Chiron wants you and the rest of the quest group up at the Big House," he mumbles nervously. 

"Cool," I say. "Give me a second." I'm about to go back inside when Grover stops me. 

"You okay man?" 

I turn back, a little more than confused. "Uh, yeah, why?"

"You look a little off, and now I think about it, I haven't seen you in a while," Grover muses. 

"Guess we must keep missing each other or something," I reply nervously. "Thanks for asking, though." And I really mean it. I run inside and hastily wrap my wrists up (they'd been behind my back). I go back outside and the wall closes and Grover and I walk back to camp in silence. We're just making our way past the cabins when Piper runs up to me.