Dinner

Merrily POV

-----------------

The cold wind bites at my nose, effectively turning that and my cheeks pink. But Leo's hand is warm, so I try and channel that up through the rest of my body. I haven't had time to think about what just happened. I'm so confused, but my face is still grinning, because I'm happy, right? 

Did I move on too fast? Do I really like him that way? Well, I kissed him, didn't I? And he likes me, I'm sure of that. I turn and look at Leo. He has the most dopey smile on his face while he runs behind me, slightly out of breath. Leo catches my eye and his face breaks out into a huge smile. 

We run up to the Troll themed restaurant where a good chunk of my family is waiting. My grandmother turns to look at me and Leo and I instantly spring to practically opposite ends of the bridge. 

"Hi, Merrily, Leo!" she greets cheerily. "We're just waiting for a few of your cousins and one of your aunts." 

"Okay Grandma," I say. Noah tugs Leo down the sidewalk that goes underneath the "troll" bridge, although with our luck, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a telekhine or something under there. I weave my way through my family and spot Seth flirting with a waitress, who, in turn, was flirting back, even twirling her curly brown hair on her finger. 

"Hey!" Seth protests, as I tug him away. 

"I need to talk to you," I frown. "So... um..."

"You and Leo kissed," Seth says smugly.

I feel my cheeks flush. "How did you know?"

"You're glowing," Seth grins. "And you're wondering whether you really like him or not."

"I'm not so sure I want to bring you to camp," I frown. 

Seth smirks. "Do you want to know or not?" 

"Well, duh!" 

"I think you do," Seth begins matter-of-factly. "But I can't answer the question for you. Ultimately, I can make assumptions, but it's your heart."

"That was deep, but also no help."

Seth grins. "That's what I'm here for. Now I need to give Leo the good old big brother talk." I facepalm and go over to the rocks and sit down. I place my chin in my hands and look out on the river to think.

Leo POV

-------------------------

Noah is currently trying to get me to blow up the bridge. I firmly said no, and now he's chattering on about why it's a good idea. I peer over at Merrily. She's sitting on the rocks by the rushing water and she looks like a character out of a storybook. Her blonde hair is blowing by her face in the wind and her eyes are peering thoughtfully up at the sky. 

"Leo." I snap out of my thoughts and see Seth staring down at me. 

"Yeah?"

"You're dating my sister."

"I think so."

"Treat her right, you got it?" I nod quickly and Seth smiles and walks off. 

*switch back to Merrily*

The waitress finally calls our table, looking rather flirtatiously at Seth. Seth winks at her. In the end, we all end up getting split up at different tables. All of the adults are at one huge table and then us kids got divided up into four groups of four. At my table was Leo, Seth, and Grace (who is six). The friendly waitress comes back and asks us for our drink orders while making so much small talk that Leo coughs loudly and bumps the table so she'd actually go and get our drinks.