Hiding From You

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

disclaimer: this story is originally written by heartjenkook. no finance or benefit is made from this. we are here to write fanfiction for entertainment purposes only. anything here is fiction although real names are being used for the purpose of character imagination. we mean no harm to anybody including the characters, thank you!

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Jennie grabbed a lunch tray and a box of milk before going down the line to get her food. the cafeteria ladies stood behind the trays of food, smiling at how quiet and polite she was. she paid for her lunch, keeping an ear out for the quiet lunchroom that leaves her uncomfortable and sad.

"thank you," Jennie said as she grab her full lunch tray and went to find a seat among the many tables.

like always, she aimed for the very end of all tables and near the edge of an empty table, where she sits alone in silence.

"she's rich, like crazy" "don't mess with her or else you will get sued" "especially if you're poor"

Jennie bears in their mumbling as she eats her bean rice with two chopsticks. ever since many of her classmates found out about her being a high-status girl, they started ignoring her. especially when her mother sued one of the boys for bullying her during her junior year.

every day she sits alone, studies alone, and even chooses to do projects in class alone. she became less talkative when she loses some of her closest friends from middle school. they were all scattered out ever since Jennie was claimed as rich heirs.

and as for Jungkook, the boy who always bullies her, he never shows up to school anymore. or maybe if he was, he would have been in trouble for fighting so often. she never understands why he would bully her so often and up until middle school. maybe this is the feeling of being so left out in a world of unequal social status. not many people get it but she always thinks it's unfair for her to live like this; she never chooses to be rich. 

throughout the whole lunchtime, she would partially eat her food before losing appetite. then she would play with it until they were dismissed by the school bell.

-----

when the last school bell ringed, everyone packed up their things before heading out of the class. they pushed and squeeze each other out of the single exit of the school building. this indicated that school was over since no one was allowed to get out of the school until the last dismissal bell.

Jennie like always, waited for everyone to finish leaving so she can ask the teacher about some of the misunderstandings on the homework handouts. she was always a successful student who digs her head into books and exams rather than party and ditching.

"can you please explain the problem solving on page 35 again?" she asked, standing in front of the teacher's desk, as the teacher quickly scan the problem with her eyes.

"sure, I will," Ms.Park said as she goes over it with Jennie.

after Jennie have gotten better at answering her questions on the problems, Ms.Park ended the conversation since she wanted to tell Jennie something.

"Jennie, you are always so humble, how about you apply for the tutoring job in the library and help me tutor those that are in need of help?" she politely suggest, it was obvious that Ms.Park wanted to help Jennie make some friends.