I Remember You

"urgh, I want to quit school so much!" Jennie sighed as she took off her backpack in front of her mother, who was busy watching cooking shows.

"why is it that?" her mother asks turning the television off. just like always, her mother was always ready to fight for her daughter in any situation. even if that means suing the poor for their doing.

"I .. nothing" Jennie grabbed her backpack and went upstairs to her room. she knew that if she have told her mom about the students, they would probably get expelled by tomorrow morning. in that case, she kept it quiet, leaving her mother behind in worry.

setting her backpack next to the bed on the floor, she sat on her makeup vanity area and take out her diary from the very bottom-left drawers. the dairy seemed to be about a couple of years old but it was filled with emotions, stories, and secrets that only she knows. it's surprising why her mother hasn't found this dairy yet since she always cleaning her room.

because she started losing friends during her middle school year, the only way to keep her sociable was through a dairy. she jots down her thoughts and recorded her mood. on the top of each page, she wrote down the date and time, just in case the days can't be counted and time can't be ticked.

every single page was filled with memories of her and the people she came across. but there was only one page that she keeps going back to and that page was the only page that was filled with mixed emotions. the dark pen ink on that page seems to be tattooed inside of her mind.

"honey, do you want some beef bone stew or kimchi fried rice?" her mother asked, opening up her bedroom door without knocking, as she quickly and messily unfold her diary and throw it under the bed.

"mom-- anything is fine with me, I'm doing homework can't you see?" Jennie lied as she have already placed an empty notebook in front of her. 

"alright, I'll call you when it's ready" closed the door behind her as she left down the glossy marble stairs.

"hm!" she nodded with a slick smile of not wanting her mother to see her personal diary. it was just too much for Jennie to share with her.

sighing, she took out the textbook from earlier to work on some of the math problems. as she did so, the paper that Ms.Park have given her earlier flicked out and landed onto the side of her clear glass desk.

grabbing the corner of the paper by the hand, she thought about it. maybe if she tutors Ms.Park she can get help from her more often and she can maybe step out of her boundaries and try something new.

after a couple of seconds of surfing the school website for the applications, she finally found it on the bottom of the web. looking onto it, she started adding information to the empty boxes of the application. her hands shifted gently onto each key letter, typing with making no mistakes at all.

coming to the end of the applications, she hesitated on clicking the submit button. re-thinking about the students who don't like her makes her not want to do it anymore.

"Jennie! the food's ready!

she went into startled when her mother was heard walking closer to her room. not wanting her mother to see what she was doing, she accidentally clicked on the submit button before her mom comes in. holding her forehead in disbelief, she really have submitted her applications in.

"mom-- I'm hungry," she said as she close her laptop in regret and walked past her mother and down the stairs.

"that was strange" her mother mumbled before walking out of the room after Jennie.