The True Rain Kiss

Jungkook ditched home as he decided to not take the bus. school hours weren't done yet but he was. there was no wind but the sun was up high as it hits the top of his hair and warms them.

he whistles as he walks along the gray sidewalk that leads to his house. he was always like this, acting as if nothing ever affect him, as if it didn't bother him but those jealous feelings never left. 

until home he reached home, he didn't stop whistling. he walked up to his room and closed the door behind him. noticing the house was dead silent, something was weird.

"mom?" he asked from the hall into the dark yet quiet hallway, expecting his mother to reply. but there wasn't any.

"mom?" he asked as he walked out of his room just to go to his mother's room. feeling uneasy, he thought something could've happened to his mother. 

he fasten his steps until he heard two voices coming from the room of his mother. he put his ears onto the wooden door as he heard his mother's voice and Hyejoo's voice. 

it seemed as they were both having or wanting to keep promises as well as having a deal that he sort of knew of.

"please, don't tell him.. huh?" Chanhee begged to want Jungkook to not find out.

"my daughter.. was hurt" Hyejoo stated calmly, wanting to take revenge for Jennie. 

Chanhee went on her knees, "please please don't, I have nothing left, I know it's wrong of me to take away your husband but please don't take away my son" she cried, begging Hyejoo.

Hyejoo stood up and faced the door, as she was someone who have a fragile heart. as much as she doesn't want to do it, she wanted to let Chanhee experience the feelings of loss. 

"when my husband left me and my daughter for you, I gave up on living, I thought that was it, the end of me. but I never did it because of my daughter. in those missing years, he has never sent a letter to her nor given her anything.." through those years of what Hyejoo have felt wasn't just small cuts but deep scars that have never been healed. 

"I'm sorry Hyejoo ah, I could give you everything back as long as you don't tell him about it" Chanhee begged.

"did you know that everything that was given to him, the money for school, clothes, and everything else was supposed to be my daughter's?"

Hyejoo was already crying and wiping her tears from her cheeks as Chanhee was also in deep regret. 

"I didn't know it would turn out like this.." Chanhee whispered through her begged position still. 

Jungkook was still eavesdropping. he clench his jaw and his hands into a fist. 'what really are they both saying?!" he yelled inside of him. 

"if you didn't fake your pregnancy, my husband would've never left us" Hyejoo yelled within the door as the room door opened. both look only to see Jungkook standing there, in distress, sadness, confusion.

"m-m-mom, wh-what is she s-saying?" Jungkook's eyes widen, pointing to Hyejoo who looked back at Chanhee who was mumbling some words still at her. his heart raced among those words.

Hyejoo flinched away as Chanhee approached him at the door.

"you're home already? did you eat--"

"mom!" he interrupted for the first time ever. through the yelling, tears stream down his eyes. through the yelling, his mother lift her shoulder up in startled.

a silence went by as they both stay quiet, all that was heard within the room was their heavy breathing. 

"why did you do that?" he asked unbelievingly that his mother would be that kind of woman. disappointing that she was one.