Between Us

"what with that face?" Junmyeon asked while budging into Jungkook's room. he has never had a guy come into his room before so for Junmyeon to step in while scanning the room full of disappointment makes him confused. "what are you doing here?" he asked again before Junmyeon actually paid attention to him when he notices the closet empty.

"tsk tsk tsk, you're going to make someone sad with this suitcase full of clothes you know?" he asked while jumping onto the edge of his bed to sit. Jungkook turned away, wishing he wouldn't have said that to him, "who would be sad other than you? plus its none of your business anyways."

"really?" Junmyeon raised his brows at his side profile that contradict his words. one thing that Junmyeon hates about Jungkook was that he always paint black color paint on top of his feelings. he couldn't help but felt annoyed over the way Jungkook was acting right now. "you do know that once you step out of this house and into that airplane - everything that she has been waiting for this past six years will go to waste right?" he asked.

"and so?" Jungkook jerked his head towards him with a fist of wanting to shut him up but couldn't.

Junmyeon smirked, eyes full of fury, "if the end was going to end like this then why did you bring her hope back up? huh? why did you make her confirm her feelings for you!" he faced the lowered eye of the man that Jennie love.

Jungkook sighed before taking another deeper one, just to contain his overflowing confusion that he doesn't even know himself, "this will be the last thing that I'll do." he backed up himself from the problem.

in a blink of an eye, Junmyeon grabbed his uniform collar and lifted him up against the wall, "shut up. how many more times will 'last' end to you? for her, it already ended when you took the blame for not purposely injuring her." he spat on the face of the panting guy that was up against the thin white wall.

Jungkook fought his angry grasp off, leaving his shirt collar in its holding form, "I mean it this time!" he announced to integrate Junmyeon's doubt, "by the way, I don't want anyone here to tell me what to do, I've already figured it out myself so please leave before my nerves get even more annoyed." he pointed towards his door before letting his arm down to his side again.

Junmyeon smirked and nodded for understanding his purpose of pushing people away, "I'll go if that's what you want but tomorrow is Jennie's birthday." he set his grayish eyes on Jungkook to see any reaction but none was given, "I hope you come to see her before you go. It's the last thing I asked of you as a friend." Junmyeon clarifies before walking out the door and slamming it behind him.

'as a friend' the phrase dig into his mind and made him lose it, Jungkook doesn't think of him as a friend but hearing him say it to him makes the world seem a bit less cruel. he sighed and went back down to packing his clothes. his hand stresses among many levels of not being able to fold properly, "damn you!" he spat and pushes his untidy suitcases away.

-----

another morning sun has raised up again and the birds were starting to chirp outside her window. she got off of her king-size bed just to push her window open and invite in all the wind that was as excited for her very special day.

Jennie brushes her hair away from her face and went to sit back down on the corner of her pink pastel bedsheets, smiling, thinking of telling Jungkook about the situation that she just have solved. Nothing will come in between them anymore. she definitely knew today was going to be magical.

"taa-daaa! happy birthday Jen-Jennie" Junmyeon surprised her from the doorway as he swing the bedroom door open and held onto a cake that was full of red strawberries on the top, her favorite. "you scared me!" Jennie chuckles before approaching him at the door. he signaled her to take the cake and she did without hesitations.