Beautiful Eyesight

it was lunchtime. after failing to ask Ms.Park about sitting in the classroom, she took a self-tour for some time-wasting.

no friends and no people to talk to, she was bored to the max as she walks around exploring the school and up to the top floor. 

it was soon until she came across never-seen, beautiful opening spaces on the rooftop that was open for students to go study and eat their lunches.

noticing that there weren't any people there, she skipped out, smelling the fresh air through her nasal cavities until a sense of food smell hit her nose. 

"what is that" she whisper as she hover down closer to the ground and rechecked the area while holding her nasal tight together.

"you look like an idiot," Jungkook said from above her. he was sitting on a tree branch that was strong enough to hold him while he eats his lunch.

hearing this, she stand straight up again and fixed her messy hair behind her ears, leaving one side so it can block that side of her face.

startling with her mini cute steps, she came to fully realize that he doesn't want her there. it felt unwelcome.

of all a sudden, a breeze of fresh wind pushed blew her hair back while something secretly went into her eyes, making them hurt.

"ahh" she covered her eyes and begins to rub them. she cleaned her eyes, forgetting that he had already jumped down from the tree and walked towards her.

"let me see," he said holding her wrist from rubbing it even more. she was struggling to get it out every time she rub on her tear ducts. startling with the touch, he didn't even realize how quiet she turned into.

he was lucky since Jennie wasn't stubborn like him. when she needed someone to help, she let them when they offered while Jungkook was the opposite.

he step in front of her and blocked the sunlight from shining onto her making it hard to see. 

"stay still.." his breath hits her face as he was so close to her, before using both of his thumbs to gently open her eyes from either side. 

as soon as he forced her eyes to open, she immediately fell into a trap of wanting to keep the view for herself. his button nose to his long lashes to his thin upper lips attracts her eyes pupil.

in front of her, was the beautiful stare of his that was filled with concentration as well as sorrow. his gazes looked tired and dark, making her a little scared at first for secretly looking.

he too, also realize how beautiful her eyes were. her watery eye flickers at him as he suddenly forgot to find the pieces that went into her eyes. with just a thin eyeliner and mascara on her eyes, he was able to fall in love within a quick close-up glance.

when he remember, he left up his chin and blew gently on it so that the dirt pieces will come out.

she blinked a couple of times and felt better. however, without a word from her, he thought it was still in so he held onto her, like before, and blew into her eyes again.

this side of him was the side where she rarely sees and even when she sees it, she wouldn't even realize it since she was always put into such uncomfortable situations. 

however seeing this now, made Jennie realize how much he has changed. the happy stares that he used to hold while bullying her weren't there anymore. all she can see from him now was despair and walls that he set up high to block others out. 

"why did you stop coming to school?" Jennie asked in her mind but came out of her mouth instead.

he paused, forgetting that it was Jennie, forgetting that what he was doing was wrong and that he wasn't supposed to care. 

scooting back, he realizes she can now open her eyes by herself. he felt stupid for not seeing that she have already got the dirt out of her eyes. he glared into them as they glared back.

"because I got into a serious fight so I was suspended for a whole month" he explained part of his reason as he kept the other reason hidden. 

an awkwardness broke in as they struggle to find each other's whether to continue the conversation or leave. Jungkook knew he wanted her to be there for now but his mind attract the opposite of it. it was just so hard for him to act nice all of the sudden.

he turned towards the railing that could peek from above, down to the road, and to the front of the school. he watches as the Korean flag swayed with the wind in front of the school. 

Jennie who was behind him stared at his small narrowed back that seemed comfortable to lean on as the sunlight hits both of his deltoids, before following him to the railing.

"is that really it?" Jennie asked while placing her hand on the rail and looking aside from her where she could see his mesmerizing side profile. her fingertips almost touching his.

he put his head down and it took him long enough to put it back up on his neck but within those seconds, she didn't mind waiting for him. 

"my father passed away when I got into a fight" he began while she kept her concerned glare at him.

"he was disappointed at me. very. he only cares about me picking up a fight but never the reason behind it" his word began to sound gentle as Jennie wasn't used to it yet nor him.

Jennie stood there looking into his changing facial expression and thought of how hard it was for him to go through this. his eyes and voice were full of love for his father and Jennie wished for nothing but for his father to see him like this.

"my mom told me that my father also passed away not too long ago but it's not as sad since I have never seen what he looks like..." Jennie mentioned, wanting to make him feel better but failed. 

"at least you have better stuff than I do. you're high class, smart, and you have.. a mother that is very .... generous" he lied on the generous part. his hand formed two fists as he turned away with the wind for a stop.

"my mom was the only one there for me ever since birth, so you could say she's generous" Jennie smiled through her words, making him hurt and offended.

"however, she's too protected of me that she doesn't care what others would feel" she added making him glare over at her. 

his eyesight landed on her but his mind wandered around somewhere. he loved how comfortable she was with opening up to him and basically just the atmosphere of her.

it wasn't until Jennie nudged him on the arm for him to stop running his thoughts.

"the bell just ringed, let's go back to class before the teacher put us out for the lecture," she said and twirl back, heading in with a smile as she has now felt much closer to him. 

he picked up his backpack from under the tree and couldn't help but glance at her as she skip her last few steps inside the building. just within that time, he had already shared half of his side with her. but she have done better: sharing her weakness with him.

••• to be continue •••