Rain Drops & Tear Drops

Apparently that Friday morning, the school was closed due to the sudden rainstorm and wind.

Jennie stayed in bed and under her blankets as the thunder roared aside from her window. her phone rang for the first time she quickly answered it.

"Jennie are you okay? this weather is too crazy, I don't think I can make it home until it stops." her mother said as she was out shopping for groceries.  

"I'm scared of being alone..." she whined and pouted each time she hears the thunder on the outside. 

"hang in there--I have to go now, I'll see if I can come back soon" she replied and then hangs up on Jennie.

she shuts her phone and holds it in her small palm, thinking whether to go after her mother or not.

------

the rain came pouring down as Jungkook walked across a street with an umbrella just to pick up her mother from the grocery store, which was about a couple blocks away from their house. he was worried for her as the rain becomes heavier and darker.

Jungkook's mother, Chanhee, sat hidden under a dark corner coffee shop looking straight into Jennie's mother, Hyejoo

they have run into each other in the grocery stores and Hyejoo insisted they talked for a while.

"it's been a while since I've seen you, Chanhee," Hyejoo mother said as she crossed her arms and look straight at her with her head up high. of course, she knew she was in higher status than her.

Chanhee became nervous as she held both of her thumbs uncontrollably on top of one another on her lap. lost for an answer to reply, she glued her eyes on the coffee that was ordered by Hyejoo. she was somehow scared of her again.  

"It's getting annoying seeing you around again. don't you always want to travel overseas?" Hyejoo added as a way of suggesting she disappear away again.

"I didn't think I would see you today, Hyejoo ah" Chanhee comfortably talked to her, not caring for any addressing since she was still carrying the guilt that was given from Jennie's mother, Hyejoo.

"don't call me that... and I never thought that the world would be this small" Hyejoo said feeling resentful still from the past as she lost eye contact. she picked up her cup of mocha milk tea and sip on it.

"what do you mean?" Chanhee replied with a confused face as she wasn't getting the phrase.

"that kid-- grew up well" Hyejoo leaned in, putting both of her elbows onto the table, facing Jungkook's mother closely.

"what are you talking about?" Chanhee faked as if she didn't want to yet expose Jungkook out as hers for the sake of him living in peace.

Hyejoo laughed wickedly, "I've met him already, he is pretty resentful against me rather than you guys, don't you think? "

Chanhee went blank into the question as she doesn't want to talk about it. she was unable to continue with her on the conversation as Hyejoo was striking her hard about the past.

"sorry but I think you got the wrong kid, I don't have a child--"

"why would my husband leave me for you then?! if it is not for that kid?" Hyejoo angrily exclaimed at Chanhee, almost wanting to slap her but didn't.

Jennie dropped her umbrella as her mother shouted the unbelievable response. she was there all along after deciding to come to fetch her mother without letting her know. she was eavesdropping on the conversations of her mother and someone else, someone who she doesn't know and has never seen.