Knew All Along

"why do you have to do that?" Jennie asked taking her mother's phone and putting it down on the glass table in front of her. Hyejoo was sitting in the middle of the furry sofa that was located within the quiet living room.

"Jennie" Junmyeon rushed in to tell her to stop before things gets, even more, worst for her and them all. by his rushing in, it grabs the attention of the other two adults that were also in the house.  "what's the matter?" Junmyeon's father said from afar before approaching the scene.

"I told him to leave you alone, why? is there a problem about that?" she stood up to settle her daughter down. Jennie scooted in closer to overstare her, "is there a problem? if there isn't, I wouldn't be here asking. why do you always do this mom?"

her mother looked away in disgrace, not wanting to listen to her. "ever since I was young, you always use your status to overwin someone else even when they're not wrong. they're human too mom. just because they're not rich or anything like us, it doesn't make them less human."

"I don't care about what you have to say, all I know is that I love you and I don't want others, especially that kid, to get close to you. he's using you, Jennie, he's doing all this because of his resentment!" Hyejoo responded to the pitiful girl that she loved with her whole heart while crossing her arms on her chest in terms of righteousness.

"you don't know him, he never ever tries to harm me. but you are always picking on him and leaving scars on him. you think I don't know what happened to my father?" Jennie exclaimed in disbelief in responses to her left-alone surprising acts.

"you-" Hyejoo paused before glaring back at where Junmyeon and his parents stood listening to the conversations. "he told you didn't he?" she asked Jennie, referring to Jungkook.

Jennie tried to hold back her tears but it overflows out her doe eyes. she shook her head before clearing her throat, "no, it's worst than that- I saw it with my own eyes."

her mother flinched away to hide her face of fault. she only knew she love her daughter, nothing else. the death of her husband was not intentional but with the cover-up of his death for six long years, she knows better than fault and blame will land onto her. hearing the sobs of her daughter, she silently died inside while trying to stand strong.

"but, I don't hate you just as I don't hate my dad for leaving. I know he has his reasons and you have yours but what you are doing to Jungkook is wrong. it wasn't his fault that dad left me nor was it auntie Chanhee that dad left you. those are just your mind convincing you to believe in because the real reason died the day you visit my dad." she walked around her mother and face her again, this time with gentle words that form right into the tears if both mother and daughter.

"what has been done is already done. the many scars you left for both auntie Chanhee and Jungkook are already signs of enough. how much more are you going to torture him for being an adopted son of the father?" Jennie cried in shallow and took her mother's hand into hers, "look at me.." she said and waited for her mother to brush her tears off her lower lashes and face her with beautifully painted eyes of her.

in between the stares of the contest, Hyejoo notices how big and tough her girl has become. a beautiful, mesmerizing, and strong girl stand before her teary fragile eyes and she couldn't have been more proud of how much the small Jennie have matured into. Hyejoo picks up her other hands and runs them onto the side of Jennie's cheeks as she swift it in a small stroke before fixing her hair in place. "I'm sorry... for not telling you about your father."