Still In To You

"how can you be this heavy?" Jungkook bring smirked up as he teased her for choosing him as the carrier. "am I?" she moved her thighs wanting to get down but he grips onto it to keep it in place, "too late now, I have to endurance the long returning path." he lied, wanting her to be on him longer. 

she frowned in taking off his confusing words. as he recharge her on his reliable back, she also re-held the elbow of her arms that was wrapped around his neck, tightly, from behind. his walking was so settled and smooth that she begin to feel tired. he felt her cheeks squish onto the side of his narrowed shoulder as he turned to the side to clarify the movement.

Junmyeon and Joohyun both walked in front of them, guiding the dark pathway back with safety as Joohyun held onto the fireflies jar. she looked over to Junmyeon who constantly peek at her every now and then as he have something to say but refuse to. as much as she wants to ask, she didn't want to pressure him into anything. instead, both walked in silence while Jungkook followed along with them well.

"actually, I'm not mad that my biological father has left me, when I was little, to take care of someone else." Jennie mumbled through her squished cheek and Jungkook have to register what she had said into his mind, "why?" he asked after a long minute of understanding.

"although he wasn't there, he married a strong woman- someone who was tougher than stone and colder than ice. she took good care of me, in his place, and even make sure no one does me wrong. she may seem heartless but that's only because her heart has been broken by the one who she give it to wholesomely.." she responded with an adenoidal voice. the explanation left him speechless as he didn't know what else to say to her but listen as she speaks. 

"but what she did was wrong, she shouldn't have done that to you.."

"honestly thinking about it, it does make sense that I should get this kind of deserves, but at the same time not. I was just like a kid. whenever someone offers you something- you take it. that is what I did up until I watch my father die in the hospital that snowy day." his emotions tensed up and she could hear it from his back. he tried holding it in but it has been already been too long of waiting to tell the right person. and when he finally did it, he felt like crying happy tears as if he had achieved something for himself. 

she lift her cheeks away from his shoulder and buried her face into the crooks of his warm neck. she felt the warmth of his body temperature and wanted him to feel the same, "it must have been hard but consider yourself lucky because you get to see our father died when I didn't even get to say my last goodbye.." her innocent makes him smile. she really doesn't know the reason behind her father's death and he would proceed to keep it that way.

"by the way, why did you choose me?" he asked out of curiosity. during that competition with both his and Junmyeon's back onto her, he really doubt that she would choose him because of no reason. but when he felt a snake arm onto his shoulder and her legs hanging legs for him to carry, he throws it down the drain. 

a shy smile surfed onto her full lips before responding, "if I would have gotten on the back of Junmyeon, someone here would get really really worked up.

"no, I won't- it's totally fine if you choose him, to be honest. I was nothing but a bully to you within those given years." Jungkook quickly backs himself up as Jennie giggles, "I mean Joohyun would get really upset with me if I took Junmyeon's back instead- not you" she clarifies herself while the boy nodded in confusion. he notices her face up close, brushing, onto him as she looks in front of them to the pair. was his back becoming nervous or was it because of her body heat?